Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(01-07-2015, 04:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: So, we wait.......

Ugh.

Waiting on that twat Jodi. Waiting on those hicks that raped & killed the pretty blonde. The wheels of justice. Jeez Louise.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The only thing that I can add is that Maytee is to be back in court on 1-13.
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]

John & Maytee have both been indicted -

A Lucas County grand jury Wednesday indicted the parents of a local murder victim after a recent shooting incident.

John Clarke, 45, of 428 Danberry St. was indicted for felonious assault with a firearm specification, a second-degree felony that carries a prison sentence of up to eight years, for allegedly firing two shots at Tiffany Williams, 28, of Toledo Dec. 26 in an alley in the 1300 block of Colburn Avenue.

His wife, Maytee Vazquez-Clarke, 44, was indicted for obstructing justice, a third-degree felony punishable by up to three years in prison. She allegedly told police officers who came to their home after the incident no one else was home, although police later found John Clarke there.

Story
Wow, that was fast! Thanks for the update, Duchess.

I wonder if a special grand jury was convened or one just happened to be scheduled. Sure didn't take the jury long to indict, in any case.

So, the Clarkes either need to plead guilty, strike a plea deal, or go to trial.

I'm curious to know why she isn't being charged as John is given she was right there with him. The "hunts" those two went on are well documented.
(01-08-2015, 10:13 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Wow, that was fast! Thanks for the update, Duchess.

I wonder if a special grand jury was convened or one just happened to be scheduled. Sure didn't take the jury long to indict, in any case.

So, the Clarkes either need to plead guilty, strike a plea deal, or go to trial.

I've served on a grand jury for three months. I doubt it was scheduled with a special grand jury. When your on the grand jury you typically listen to eight to ten cases a day. You only need eight people to indict someone. And you are not voting on their guilt your are simply voting on probable cause. In my experience about 95 percent of the cases get indicted. Also the grand jury atlas tin New Mexico can add or remove charges. So in the case with maytee based on testimony the grand jury could have recommended to the prosecutor to add charges.
(01-08-2015, 10:13 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Wow, that was fast! Thanks for the update, Duchess.

I've served on a grand jury for three months. I doubt it was scheduled with a special grand jury. When you are on the grand jury you typically listen to eight to ten cases a day. You only need eight people to indict someone. And you are not voting on their guilt your are simply voting on probable cause. In my experience about 95 percent of the cases get indicted. Also the grand jury at least in New Mexico can add or remove charges. So in the case with maytee based on testimony the grand jury could have recommended to the prosecutor to add charges. Also the person being accused is not present nor is their attorney.
Thanks d505.

The role of the grand jury is exactly as you described, across all jurisdictions. Grand juries sometimes hear not only the prosecutor's evidence, but also witness testimony -- sometimes, though very rarely, the defendant is a grand jury witness.

But, grand jury scheduling and procedures are very different between jurisdictions in states that still use them (about half) and the ones in Toledo typically meet for half days, with jurors serving for two week durations. It sounds like a standing grand jury is always in session where you served, but in many jurisdictions they meet only on certain days of the week or certain blocks of the month with special sessions scheduled if needed.

Typically, across the country, there are between 16 to 23 grand jurors and a vote of 23 or 34 majority is required to indict. In Ohio jurisdictions, a grand jury can be made up of 9 (and 5 alternates), with a vote of 7 allowing for a true bill or indictment.

Anyway, with grand jury logistics varying drastically between jurisdictions and details being secret by design, we don't know as much about them as we do petit trial juries, so I was just wondering aloud about the Clarkes' cases. In any event, I'm glad their cases were heard so quickly. As you noted, the outcome isn't surprising -- the vast majority of defendants are indicted. It'll sure be interesting if they end up going to trial.
(01-09-2015, 05:41 AM)Duchess Wrote: I'm curious to know why she isn't being charged as John is given she was right there with him. The "hunts" those two went on are well documented.

I'm not sure either.

The criminal complaint against John only lists that he was with a "co-defendant" when he shot at Tiffany; the co-defendant isn't identified.

The criminal complaint against Maytee indicates that she lied about John being home when police arrived at the house -- nothing about being present at the shooting they were investigating. (The complaint is in reference to the incident of December 26, 2014 but states that it occurred on June 26, 2014.)

I can't post the PDF complaints, but you can find them here: http://www.tmc-clerk.com/caseinformation...altraffic/

-Fill in the last name and first name sections
--John's Felonious Assault case appears first in his file. Click "View Scanned Document".
--Maytee's Obstruction case appears fourth in her file. Click "View Scanned Document".
^ Forgot to mention, Maytee has criminal files under last name Vazquez and under last name Clarke. To pull up her case docs for the Obstruction charge, type in "Clarke" as the last name.

Someone sent me a message saying John's attorney is that community's version of Johnny Cochran. hah
while this would not be public knowledge I would imagine child protective services is now involved with maytee's parenting skills. Based on the allegations of johnny clarke is enough for them to intervene and at the very least do home visits.
I don't know how child protective services works in Ohio. If the state is not involved by now with the other two kids I would be extremely mad. hopefully maytee has snapped and realizes this and quits longing for her dead son and appreciates and takes care of the two live children in her home. From my understanding she kicked johnny out had him live with another family member for a couple of years and when he is dead that's when she spends every second of her life obsessing over him. It bugs me. It bugs me because she has two other kids and it seems like she would only give them the time of day or mention anything about them only if they were dead. Then she would glorify them as she does with Johnny. Its like she worships bad or dead people I can't explain it but it is just my intuition.
I'm limited as to what I can accomplish on my tablet. Because I am old and this is new to me. And, I haven't been able to get on Mock on my real computer. What you want to do since 1-8, is go to Lucas County court documents. Agree to their terms and off you go. Search for Clarke John. You will be able to follow everything ! SO VERY cold here that I didn't go to the bar tonight . Cheers !
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
(01-10-2015, 12:23 AM)d505 Wrote: From my understanding she kicked johnny out had him live with another family member for a couple of years and when he is dead that's when she spends every second of her life obsessing over him.

It was established during the murder trials that she had kicked him out, strangely, she continued to lie & deny about that on her FaceBook page. It was also brought to light that he had spent years being raised by someone else.
Court video:

http://youtu.be/qMG9vSL_Maw

http://youtu.be/G9hriHU6mZ8
(01-08-2015, 02:54 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: The only thing that I can add is that Maytee is to be back in court on 1-13.

Court Today

The arraignment is scheduled today at 9:00 AM for both John & Maytee.

I'm not sure what all the legal mumbo jumbo means but here's a link to their info.

Mumbo Jumbo
Dutchess on the link you supplied http://lcapps.co.lucas.oh.us/onlinedocke...5g3A%3d%3d
click on the top left public documents and then the 3rd line posted 1/7/15 Toledo transcript filed and scroll down to page 3. It explains what happened and it states Maytee was with john

Thank you very much! It's an interesting read for sure.