Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Holly Bobo, 20, Tenn. missing. & Karen Swift
HotD~ No Problem

LATEST NEWS

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24892518/tbi-n...appearance

NEW MUGSHOT
Prosecutors could seek the death penalty against the man accused of kidnapping and murdering missing nursing student Holly Bobo.In a press conference on Wednesday afternoon, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn announced a specially called Decatur County grand jury had issued a true bill and indicted Zachary Rye Adams, 29, on charges of especially aggravated kidnapping and first-degree murder.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/248980...inst-women
HIS VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN and A VIDEO (which I haven't watched)
So who is Zachary Rye Adams?

NewsChannel 5 Investigates has uncovered shocking new details about Holly Bobo's alleged killer.

It turns out, Adams has a history of violent assaults against women, including his own mother.

While the 29-year-old unemployed Decatur County man has claimed that he's "not the one," the search of Adams' property over the weekend revealed some potentially tantalizing clues -- including a PT Cruiser apparently riddled with bullet holes.

And court records paint a dark portrait of a troubled man with a history of violence against women.

In 2004, Adams even shot his own mother in the knee at point-blank range with a 9-millimeter handgun.

YANKED THIS FROM FB

https://www.facebook.com/newschannel5/ph...=1&theater
UPDATE: An arraignment hearing has been scheduled for Tuesday for Zachary Rye Adams on aggravated kidnapping and felony murder charges in the disappearance and death of Holly Bobo.

Just a few things I ran across.
(03-05-2014, 10:16 PM)JsMom Wrote: NEW MUGSHOT

He doesn't look so smug now. I see resignation in his face.

[Image: 3357364_G.jpg]
(03-05-2014, 10:16 PM)JsMom Wrote: In 2004, Adams even shot his own mother in the knee at point-blank range with a 9-millimeter handgun.

I didn't know that. Weird.

I did see that his mother, Cindy Adams, made a statement last week that she'd asked her son why TBI was all over him. She said that Zach told her he didn't even know Holly; that he wasn't "the one". Seems to be a phrase that family likes a lot.

Cindy Adams is making excuses for her two wonderful boys, Zach and Dylan Adams - blaming drugs and learning disabilities. However, Monday she stopped short of claiming they're innocent (because, that, of course, could publicly backfire on her if it turns out investigators have evidence proving otherwise - IMO).

From her Fox 17 interview on Monday:
[Image: 030214CINDYaDAMS.jpg~c200]

TBI searched Zach Adams' property the last few days and Zach’s mom, Cindy Adams, spoke only to Fox 17 about her son and the investigation.

Cindy Adams says, " I couldn't even imagine what her family has gone through. My heart goes out to them." Cindy says Holly's mother was her son's 4th grade teacher. (HOTD: I didn't know this prior to Cindy's interview.)

Cindy lives in Atlanta now, but her son grew up in the house being searched on Adams Lane in Holladay, TN. Zach still lives at the home, which he inherited after his father passed away. His grandfather owns the property, where another home sits.

Cindy Adams said, " I am just in shock that they have searched three other places and they've made a public spectacle out of his house. I just don't understand that."

Cindy Adams is not surprised her son was arrested this week, " He got mixed up with drugs at an early age. It really changed his whole demeanor, but he is one of the sweetest people." (HOTD: uh huh, just look at his sweet record...)

The TBI also searched Zach's great-grandparents old, dilapidated home across Highway 69 from his house. Cindy says the family is dealing with rumors about not only Zach, but his younger brother, Dylan Adams. Cindy says Dylan has been behind federal bars since July.

She says Dylan deals with learning disabilities and was questioned by investigators this week. "I asked him, 'Did you get interrogated?' He said, 'Yeah mom I did. They kept me up all night asking me all these questions about Zachary and Holly, "explained Cindy.

TBI is not releasing any information on whether Dylan or Zachary are involved in the investigation directly.

" I am not saying that either one of them is innocent. I am just saying that as their mother, I am going to believe my children until proven otherwise," said Cindy.

Interview/Story:
Read More at: http://www.fox17.com/news/features/top-s...html?wap=0
Cindy Adams gave another interview on Monday.

Her statement to Channel 4 News:

"This investigation is about finding Holly Bobo, and the family does not want anyone to lose sight of that. Zachary Adams has, to my knowledge, not been questioned by the TBI regarding Holly Bobo's case, yet he is still incarcerated in the county jail with a minor assault charge and they have set his bail at $1 million. His brother, Dylan Adams, has been interrogated without an attorney present and held in federal holding.

"I am not here to justify my son's addiction or addictive behaviors, but he is my son who I love dearly and will continue to do so. There have been many who have been quick to jump to conclusions about my son's involvement. Let the TBI put together pieces of this investigation without any allegations and false reports of guilt.

"We want Holly Bobo found but do not want a witch hunt in doing so. To my knowledge, my son and Holly Bobo never were in the same circles. Being a drug addict does not make someone a kidnapper. I know of no motive on my son's part to have been involved or know anyone who was involved in the alleged kidnapping case."
Karen Bobo is the mother that I care about. Her hope that Holly is still alive is all but gone. Her son Clint was accused by many and Karen took a trashing herself. Nearly three years of that pain and finally some real progress in the case -- but not at all what they wanted to hear regarding Holly's fate. Today had to be a surreal one for the Bobo family.

[Image: tenn-woman-abducted.jpg]
Dana, Karen and Clint Bobo.
(03-05-2014, 07:49 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Heard they were searching a well/wells in the area with an underwater camera?

Maybe they've seen enough to know the outcome but haven't recovered her yet?

Just guessing.

I keep thinking that investigators had to have found something very incriminating during the weekend searches of multiple properties associated with Zach Adams. Could be the camera picked up something in the well.

At the start of last weekend's searches, the TBI Director made a public statement that they were hoping to return Holly to her family alive. I don't think Gwyn would have made that statement at the time if there was solid evidence that Holly was dead.

Very curious as to what, if anything, was uncovered and hoping we learn more about the evidence when Adams appears in court again on Tuesday.

I was suspicious of Holly's brother & I'm sorry I voiced that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-06-2014, 12:06 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I was suspicious of Holly's brother & I'm sorry I voiced that.

Family is sometimes involved in such disappearances and Clint's accounts were shaky. I didn't suspect him due to the time line and where some of Holly's things were found, but I understand why others did -- I don't think voicing suspicions on a forum is wrong.

What I think is shitty is Adams' mom publicly whining and defending her POS sons against rumors of their involvement when the Bobo family was put through much worse, and her son(s) may be responsible for murder.

I think Cindy Adams looks foolish running her fat enabling mouth and not taking her own advice about waiting to hear the evidence TBI has gathered.

IDK. Feeling really terribly for the Bobos; seems they honestly expected a live Holly to be found up until yesterday and they're reportedly too devastated to make any public statements. Sad.
(03-06-2014, 12:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: seems they honestly expected a live Holly to be found up until yesterday

Yeah. I agree with that. I heard shock expressed when the Director used the term, first degree murder and it was more than a couple people expressing it. That whole town held out hope.
(03-06-2014, 12:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-06-2014, 12:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: seems they honestly expected a live Holly to be found up until yesterday
Yeah. I agree with that. I heard shock expressed when the Director used the term, first degree murder and it was more than a couple people expressing it. That whole town held out hope.

I watched the video today. Hearing those gasps made me tear up a little.

This is weird. Channel 5 in Nashville released a report today with some of Zach Adams' Facebook posts.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/249097...-stupid-wh

On April 13, 2011 at 7:39 a.m., his Facebook account posted, "you never was you stupid whore". That's the day that Holly was abducted.

Karen Bobo reported that she last spoke to Holly on the phone at 7:35 a.m. that day. Clint Bobo reported seeing Holly being led into the woods around 7:50 a.m.

Weird to me that Zach Adams would have been posting while lurking outside the Bobo house, but he had to have been IF the day/time of the post is authenticated, and he's the guy who abducted Holly, and he's also the guy who made the post from his account.

Anyway, I hope TBI/FBI has investigated that post and the location from which it was sent. I could see a defense attorney attempting to use the fact that he was apparently posting on Facebook at the time of the incident to work in Adams' favor if that base isn't covered by the prosecution.

This was a later one of his Facebook posts that is eerie in hindsight.
[Image: 24909729_BG2.jpg]
Dressed in camo, asking "who am I looking for?". One of his friends answered, "Holly Bobo".
REFERENCE: Abduction Time Line

Holly Bobo, 20, of Darden, Tenn., was kidnapped April 13, 2011, after she dressed for nursing school, ate breakfast and studied for a test.

• 4:30 a.m. CT: Bobo wakes up to study for a nursing exam she was scheduled to take at 8 a.m.

• 5:30 a.m.: Her dad, Dana Bobo, talks to his daughter through her bedroom door before leaving for work. He sets aside some gas money for her.

• 6:23 a.m.: Sunrise.

• 7 a.m.: Her mother, Karen Bobo, gets ready to leave the house for her elementary school teaching job but first fixes her daughter's lunch and puts breakfast in the microwave as Holly Bobo sits at the dining room table studying. Holly Bobo's brother, Clint Bobo, is in his bedroom asleep.

• About 7:05 a.m.: Holly Bobo talks on the phone to Hanna Reece, a friend and fellow nursing student. They had been texting about the test.

• 7:25 a.m.: Drew Scott, Holly Bobo's boyfriend, calls her. He had been turkey hunting since before daybreak on the property of Holly Bobo's grandmother.

• 7:30 to 7:35 a.m.: Scott, Holly Bobo and her mother exchange calls about the turkey hunt and some confusion among Karen Bobo's relatives about why Scott was hunting there.

• 7:40 a.m.: A close neighbor of the Bobos walks out of his home to go to his construction job, hears a scream from the Bobos' house, tells his mother about it and goes on to work.

• 7:45 a.m.: The neighbor's mother calls Karen Bobo and tells a school secretary to relay a message about the scream. This is also the time Holly Bobo usually would leave for school to arrive at 7:55 a.m.

• 7:50 a.m.: A barking dog wakes Clint Bobo up. He notices his sister's car still in the driveway and calls his mother's cellphone at school. His mother does not have the phone with her but receives the message from the school secretary, phones home and talks to her son, who tells her that Holly Bobo's car is still there.

• 7:55 a.m.: Karen Bobo calls 911 from school; she reaches the wrong county's emergency dispatcher. Clint Bobo looks out the window and sees a man dressed in camouflage walking with his sister toward the woods. Clint Bobo calls his sister's phone and gets voicemail; he also calls her boyfriend's phone and gets voicemail.

• A little before 8 a.m.: Karen Bobo calls her house again. Her son tells her that he saw his sister and her boyfriend walking toward the woods. Karen Bobo tells him that the man is not Holly Bobo's boyfriend and to call 911.

• 8 a.m.: Clint Bobo gets a loaded pistol at his mother's request and walks out the back door through an open garage attached to the house. He sees a puddle of blood near his sister's car. His neighbor's mother pulls up the driveway to say she heard screams 15 or 20 minutes ago. Clint Bobo then calls 911. At nursing school, a few of Holly Bobo's classmates wonder why she's not there; one thought she might have been in a car wreck.

• A little before 8:10 a.m.: The first deputy from Decatur County arrives at the house. Eventually, authorities come to believe that Holly Bobo was abducted as she tried to get in her car to drive to nursing school. She is not seen again.

• 8:15 a.m.: Karen Bobo returns home from the elementary school where she taught.

• 8:30 a.m.: Dana Bobo arrives home from work.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...n/6136361/

What's Zach Adams' claimed alibi, I wonder? Does LE have cell phone pings for him?
Theories then, on how Zack would've known Holly?

According to her friends/family, she didn't know him at all.

So scary that someone would've waited like that to take her literally right out of her house.
Back to his Facebook post. It's got to be more than coincidence that he's posting his statement literally as she's walking out the door.

I'm supposing that posting to Facebook 3 years ago was possible via smartphone?

It's almost like he was waiting for her to emerge from the house so he could hit 'post'.
(03-06-2014, 10:45 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: 24909729_BG2.jpg]
Dressed in camo, asking "who am I looking for?". One of his friends answered, "Holly Bobo".

That is as creepy as anything I've seen in this forum.
It's creepy alright.

Adams made that post in December 2013, but who knows when the pic was taken - could have been any time before then.

Seeing some of his electronic communications got me thinking about whether investigators found recorded evidence tying Adams to Holly's abduction during last weekend's searches? Wouldn't put it past the guy to tape his crimes.

Zach Adams' rap sheet is extensive. At 29, he had 24 arrests under his belt before being charged with Holly's kidnapping and murder. Meth distribution, possession, aggravated assault, robbery, DUI... Several times he was allowed to serve his time in "rehab"; that worked out well. His mom took out a restraining order against him to keep Zachary away from her and his two brothers after he shot her in the knee when he was 19, but then rescinded it.

Zachary Adams rap sheet:
http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wmctv/Za...s%20CH.pdf

24 arrests at 29. Jesus. That's one fucked up individual. He's a goddamn menace.
It's actually 14 arrests with 24 separate charges. Not much less loserish, but just to clarify.

P.s. I got an iPhone and laptop is under the weather. I suck with this touch technology... Some cussing going on here.
(03-07-2014, 05:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I suck with this touch technology... Some cussing going on here.

Pick up a stylus, I promise you'll love it. The prices are very reasonable, just a few dollars.
(03-07-2014, 12:37 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Theories then, on how Zack would've known Holly?

According to her friends/family, she didn't know him at all.

So scary that someone would've waited like that to take her literally right out of her house.

Three months before Holly was abducted, a tall skinny white male with dark hair tried to abduct Heather Sullivan from outside of her home in the early morning. She screamed and he took off on foot. The case has not been solved. When Heather heard of Holly's abduction back in 2011, she told the Today show that she feared it was the same man.

[Image: 2ddf2-heathersullivan1.jpg?w=932&h=720]

Sources told WTVF when Zachary Adams, 29, was charged Wednesday with the kidnapping and murder of Bobo, Sullivan identified Adams as the man who tried to kidnap her (sources unnamed, so this isn't official, but an interesting possibility).

I don't know why Zach allegedly chose Holly and possibly Heather. If he's the guy, he mighta seen them around or saw their profiles on Facebook and just wanted them - pretty blondes. His arrest record shows that he takes what isn't his without qualm and he's not above using physical violence to get his way.

(03-07-2014, 12:42 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm supposing that posting to Facebook 3 years ago was possible via smartphone?

Yes.

(03-07-2014, 06:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 05:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I suck with this touch technology... Some cussing going on here.
Pick up a stylus, I promise you'll love it. The prices are very reasonable, just a few dollars.

Thanks! I'll definitely check it out.
Interesting that the two girls and the psycho's mom are all petite blondes. Oedipal issues maybe? His mom looks like she was probably somewhat attractive back in the day.