Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Syria
(08-04-2013, 08:59 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: You have a nasty streak,

I've toned it down so much I don't even recognize myself at times. It took awhile but I grew to learn it isn't conducive to a happy membership when the Admin. tells you to die in a fire or don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. 78
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
So Duchess, are you for complete unilateral disarmament?

Nooooo.

I want us to maintain the capability to turn any country on Earth into smoking, radioactive rubble, and then turn the rubble into gravel.

I want us to always have the biggest & the baddest of everything. We are the world's superpower. YeeHaw.

I don't worry much about other countries but on occasion Russia & China do give me pause.
Peace, through superior firepower

[Image: Peace_or_Victory_by_PrometheusTR.jpg]
Knowing the UK has the nuclear capability to turn Iran into a featureless glass desert makes me sleep better at night.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Deterrence theory certainly has seemed to work in the last few decades.

At least until Iran gets one and obliterates Israel.
Rouhani was sworn in today as the new president of Iran.

He wants Iran to be less isolationist and wants sanctions against Iran lifted.

Time to put your cards on the table Rouhani.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

All those countries secretly want to be us. Seriously. What's not to like about America the beautiful. We've got it all. In spite of the complaints I sometimes have there is no where else I'd rather be & I feel lucky to be an American. *waves flag*
Universal healthcare!

Then you can celebrate your healthcare not asking you to pay through the ass for it and when you try and claim it back finding every excuse not to do so so they can make money profit because that is the American dream right! Profit is more important than health right?

Must you nitpick? [Image: slap.gif]
(08-04-2013, 06:01 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Must you nitpick? [Image: slap.gif]

He does nitpick but, he's a truthful nitpicker hah

Yes! they all want to be us, most of the people in Iran love us, it's the regime running the show with spies everywhere that hate us, the people want freedom!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(08-04-2013, 10:15 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Yes! they all want to be us, most of the people in Iran love us, it's the regime running the show with spies everywhere that hate us, the people want freedom!

So true! And when they rose up during the Green Revolution and were chanting 'USA' and 'Obama are you with us or against us?', we all saw what happened.

Death and torture squads squelched them out, and no support came.

It does appear however that we are actively trying to affect their nuke program... Stuxnet and various tech attacks have done pretty well.
(08-04-2013, 05:52 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Universal healthcare!

Then you can celebrate your healthcare not asking you to pay through the ass for it and when you try and claim it back finding every excuse not to do so so they can make money profit because that is the American dream right! Profit is more important than health right?

New Zealand is kicking out the fatties so they don't have to provide them with healthcare. Doesn't sound so universal to me.
Commando Cunt Queen
(08-04-2013, 05:52 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Then you can celebrate your healthcare not asking you to pay through the ass for it . . .

In the states, we have State Sales Tax and the rate varies throughout the United States.

Mind telling all of us, what is your VAT rate?

While you're at it: What is tax rate for your health care?
(08-05-2013, 10:50 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(08-04-2013, 05:52 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Then you can celebrate your healthcare not asking you to pay through the ass for it . . .

In the states, we have State Sales Tax and the rate varies throughout the United States.

Mind telling all of us, what is your VAT rate?

While you're at it: What is tax rate for your health care?

I got curious.

-Jesus, the VAT for most goods and services in England has risen to 20 percent; pretty steep.
-Looks like about 18% of income taxes in the UK go towards universal health care (income tax rates by amount earned are 10%, 20%, 40% and up).

FOR SYRIA:
Personal Income Tax
Monthly earning/Tax rate
0-131.....0%
132-261..5%
262-348..7%
349-435.. 9%
1,000.. 10.6%
2,000.. 15.5%
5,000.. 19.4%
10,000.. 20.7%
50,000.. 21.7%
100,000.. 21.9%
500,000.. 22.0%
In Syrian Pounds (1 SP = $106 USD)

Corporate Tax Rates apply to certain businesses:
22% for joint stock companies
14% for joint stock companies and insurance companies which have 51% of their shares offered to the public
25% for private banks and insurance companies

Sales/Consumption Tax:
between 5% and 40% depending on the goods/services (10% average)

Health Care:
Like in the UK, public health care is afforded to Syrians and paid for through income tax allotments (about 18% of income tax goes to health care in the UK; couldn't find the allotment % for Syria), plus out of pocket expenses. Syrians can also choose private pay health care.
Aint no healthcare in Syria honey.
(08-06-2013, 08:03 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Aint no healthcare in Syria honey.

Do you ever read or research before posting an opposing opinion as a fact? Rhetorical question.

There is indeed healthcare in Syria, aussie. It's comprised of public and privatized providers and networks; the healthcare system was in a phase of reform when the protests begun.

Obviously, with the erosion of living conditions and general instability (you know, given there's a civil war underway), the quality and accessibility of health care has deteriorated in tandem. Still, healthcare in Syria does in fact exist.

And, the world isn't flat anymore either. You can actually look that up and verify it yourself too, freckles.
Oh for fucks sake HoTD, are you trying to take stupidity to an all time low here in Mock? I work in health or have you forgotten? I have work overseas in health too. I have also witnessed on Al Jazeera these hospitals and how inadequate they are to cope with the current status quo. If you want to go to an outpatient appointment for your ovarian cyst, think again, you are on the wrong place on the planet.

I don't mind getting into a shit fight with you, but if you insist on sinking to a level well below a normal IQ I will be forced to ignore you. I just don't have the patience. There is no fucking health care in Syria, it is a worn torn country that at best could probably perform meatball surgery. The times there are desperate, I wish it was not the case, I really do. I feel love for the Syrian people and compassion, they deserve better, but your boyfriend will not step aside.
Ooooooh shit! It's on like Donkey Kong!