Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Things I hate
(05-17-2014, 12:53 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Twenty six seems kinda old to still be on the parent's policy. I was making my own money & financial decisions at that age. Does she give you the money in order to pay her share?

She doesn't even live at home. The affordable health Care act mandates that we keep her on our insurance until she's 26, married, or has her own insurance.

It wouldn't be a problem if we still had our old policy, but that changed when the ACA kicked in back in December. We went from having no deductible, to having a $6,000.00 deductible.

Her doctor bills automatically come out of our Flex account.

We've asked her repeatedly to apply for medicaid, or see if her part time job offers some sort of insurance, but she refuses to do either.

I wonder if we can sue for re-reimbursement of the Dr bills

That's just wrong on a few different levels! She doesn't live at home yet you are still forced to pay for her? She's not even trying to help herself, she's not deserving!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I thought they had to be living with you.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-17-2014, 09:14 PM)Maggot Wrote: I thought they had to be living with you.

It's really our own fault, that she's still on our insurance.

She moved out just after she turned 21 (2 years ago). Hubby notified his HR, and at the time they said that even though she didn't live here, she could still stay on the insurance because of her condition (diabetic).

We had a really good policy at the time. No deductible, $25.00 co pay for DR and $10.00 copay for scripts. So hubby decided to keep her on until she could get her own insurance.

The policy changed in December of 2013, to comply with the "Affordable health care act" . We now have a $6,000.00 Deductible and have no script benefits. Fucking step daughter decided the birth control pills were too expensive, so she ends up pregnant.

Diabetic= high risk pregnancy. Ultrasounds every month, all sorts of lab tests, etc. So far her pregnancy has cost us about $1,000.00/month.

We've asked her to apply for Medicaid, but she refuses. Hubby went back to HR this past week, to see if we could have her removed, and according to section blah blah blah of the AHCA, legally we cannot remove her until she's married, 26, or has her own insurance.

Thank you Nancy pelosi, because you had to pass it, before you read it!
When the policy changes and it does every year I believe you can get her off it because of the change. If that's the case you should be able to claim her as a dependent on your tax return.
(05-18-2014, 10:14 AM)Maggot Wrote: When the policy changes and it does every year I believe you can get her off it because of the change. If that's the case you should be able to claim her as a dependent on your tax return.

I'll have to have hubby check into that. I believe our open enrollment is in December, though, so it won't help us with this pregnancy.
I hate head colds. Today is the first day I have gotten out of bed in a week. Fuck this shit, I want my energy back. Fair season is coming....

I feel your pain. I truly do.
(05-18-2014, 10:14 AM)Maggot Wrote: When the policy changes and it does every year I believe you can get her off it because of the change. If that's the case you should be able to claim her as a dependent on your tax return.

To claim her on return, I believe more then half of her yearly income has to be provided by the claimer. Also, she should be living in the same household. Not an tax accountant, so I may be wrong.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I hate tests. That supervisor test I took yesterday morning had way too many math questions. What bullshit. As a Motor Vehicle Representative Supervisor I'm not going to do calculations about employee's vacation, sick, and personal time. That's the individual employee's responsibility to fill out their timesheet correctly. Or at least payroll's problem.
dude just take the fucking test, they don't give a shit after you pass. i call homeland security dmv with guns.

The Department of Homeland Security used to read Mock. The first time LC pointed it out to me I was like ----> Smiley_emoticons_shocked
They were just looking at the Friday boobies thread.
(09-12-2016, 03:15 AM)Duchess Wrote:

The Department of Homeland Security used to read Mock. The first time LC pointed it out to me I was like ----> Smiley_emoticons_shocked

Smiley_emoticons_shockedPoliceSecretBig surprisePrisonPanic47

Holy crapola! HLS, if you're watching, I'm only kidding when bashing O! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I read an article on 68 ways HLS is wasting your tax dollars. I guess this would be the 69th, spying on a bunch of idiots talking trash.

Maybe that's why Dick disappeared.
I can do that trick.
That's not the kind of dick I was talking about BigMark, but thanks for the visual.
(09-12-2016, 10:46 AM)BigMark Wrote: I can do that trick.

Like a mole going underground. Ahahaha!
(09-11-2016, 11:20 PM)BigMark Wrote: dude just take the fucking test, they don't give a shit after you pass. i call homeland security dmv with guns.

I did take the test, don't mean I can't complain about the useless math on it.

As for homeland security, I feel bad for them. Once Dick Tater Trump is "elected" millions of them will lose their jobs or be demoted to wall patrol.
Just wanted to see if this works..............

[Image: 200.gif#12]