Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Arizona Takes A Big Step Back. WARNING, GRAPHIC!
(05-08-2012, 09:08 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Get off the boat you eat too much.

hah I disagree with this sentiment in Tammy's case, but the line is funny...
(05-08-2012, 09:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 09:08 AM)IMaDick Wrote: You can tell the story but it doesn't mean anything

It didn't mean anything to you because you're so close minded. You didn't even get the point of her comment for christssake.

You almost made a point there Duchess.

The point was she had to pay for her treatment.

I got it, so what? That's the way it should be.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(05-08-2012, 09:15 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: Dick's lucky you cant get pregnant from taking it up the backside.

Stop being a pussy.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(05-08-2012, 10:12 AM)IMaDick Wrote: You almost made a point there Duchess.

The point was she had to pay for her treatment.

I got it, so what? That's the way it should be.

I agree. I rarely use my self-paid health insurance. When I do, there are things that are not covered or only partially covered and I understand that. I understand the poster's difficulty with the situation, but having to drive and pay to find out if I needed an abortion is something that I'd expect would be my responsiblity. I'd rather have my tax dollars pay for those services and prevent unwanted births, but that's not reality under our current system.

PP tax funding doesn't include abortion-related services even when there is a PP facility nearby supported by state tax funding; those services are not covered except in cases of medical risk, rape, and incest (and only in some states). Does that need to change? That's a bigger question that falls under the umbrella topic of universal health care pros and cons; probably worthy of its own debate thread.
(05-08-2012, 10:12 AM)IMaDick Wrote: The point was she had to pay for her treatment.

I didn't see it that way at all. I saw her commenting on what a difficult decision she was going to have to make & how fortunate she felt that she didn't have to have an abortion.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have always bought all of my own marbles, but I'm beginning to think you people owe me some and I shouldn't have to pay for them.
John Adams

(05-08-2012, 09:13 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 09:08 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Amost having an abortion is like almost having sex.

hah

What a retarded statement!

Dicks stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

It's hard to talk to people with a mental disorder and get them to understand what is being said.

You should try it, just try explaining this to the guy in the padded cell next to yours, you will find out it's not as easy as you think it is.
John Adams

I think there was more than one point to the story. Difficult decision; yes. Costly in terms of time and money; yes. I think the poster handled it responsibly and in no way was "eating too much so kick her off of the boat".

But, I also think there was an underlying question as to whether there should have been more state/government assistance to ease the burden, along with a sense that there is "hypocricy" in the current system. Some say, "your body, pay for it yourself". Others say, "health care of any nature is a right and should be available universally". Yet others think that some health-related services should be covered universally in society and others should not. Big fat controversial topic.
I finally just read this thread and enjoyed the dialogue.

I get Dick's stance on 'pay for it yourself'. Personal responsibility. Okay by me.

Seems to me the real issue is that ALL state funding for services provided by PP will end, regardless of what care they're (PP) providing.

I struggle with that. I'm conservative by nature, and completely disagree with abortion (unless it threatens the life of the mother).

So, I understand a conservative governor saying, 'you provide abortions as one of your many services, SO, we're going to end ALL funding'.

I DO want teens going there for guidance, and to pick up birth control. I also want low income women to be able to get their screenings, etc.

There's got to be a way to further ensure that NO state funds go to abortion while at the same time still receiving $$$ to maintain their other programs.
I guess what we need is a licensing requirement to have kids.

A limit on how many based on income.

Female fetuses should be aborted at 4 times the rate of males.

If you want a female baby you should have to pay more in taxes.

Government should have the final say in all pregnancies based on IQ and aptitude tests given to the wanna be parents.

We should be genetically eliminating the low functioning before they are born.

Forced sterilization at age 30.
John Adams

(05-08-2012, 11:06 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I finally just read this thread and enjoyed the dialogue.

I get Dick's stance on 'pay for it yourself'. Personal responsibility. Okay by me.

Seems to me the real issue is that ALL state funding for services provided by PP will end, regardless of what care they're (PP) providing.

I struggle with that. I'm conservative by nature, and completely disagree with abortion (unless it threatens the life of the mother).

So, I understand a conservative governor saying, 'you provide abortions as one of your many services, SO, we're going to end ALL funding'.

I DO want teens going there for guidance, and to pick up birth control. I also want low income women to be able to get their screenings, etc.

There's got to be a way to further ensure that NO state funds go to abortion while at the same time still receiving $$$ to maintain their other programs.

Pay what you can afford is already in our healthcare system, it is based on income and need.

The hospitals and clinics here all have a sliding scale for services.
John Adams

(05-08-2012, 11:06 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I finally just read this thread and enjoyed the dialogue.

It's all politics, MS. None of the funding goes towards abortion except in extreme cases (noted upthread) as it stands now. But, conservative anti-abortionists in some states are taking away the funding for birth control, testing, planning and education simply to weaken Planned Parenthood because it is the largest provider of abortions as well. There already is a way to ensure that no abortions are being funded by tax dollars while still keeping the prevenative services in place; that's what's being done now. To further an anti-abortion agenda, some states are willing to take the preventative services away, thereby creating a bigger problem. All to make a moral or political statement. That's my beef with this specific topic of cutting PP tax support.
(05-08-2012, 11:10 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Government should have the final say in all pregnancies based on IQ and aptitude tests given to the wanna be parents.

Wow. I feel dirty, but I'd actually agree with this statement. ^^^^

Let's take it a step further.

Chastity belts until you undergo your government 'screening'. Gov't holds your key until you've met all requirements.

On a side note, a buddy I work with has a daughter who just got pregnant. She turns 19 in June. Neither his daughter nor the 'dad' are going to college. They live in the boyfriend's parents basement.

She, of course, wants to keep the baby. My buddy wants her to give it up for adoption, but she won't have it.

He also just found out that his youngest daughter (14) just started having sex.
(05-08-2012, 11:20 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 11:10 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Government should have the final say in all pregnancies based on IQ and aptitude tests given to the wanna be parents.

Wow. I feel dirty, but I'd actually agree with this statement. ^^^^

Let's take it a step further.

Chastity belts until you undergo your government 'screening'. Gov't holds your key until you've met all requirements.

On a side note, a buddy I work with has a daughter who just got pregnant. She turns 19 in June. Neither his daughter nor the 'dad' are going to college. They live in the boyfriend's parents basement.

She, of course, wants to keep the baby. My buddy wants her to give it up for adoption, but she won't have it.

He also just found out that his youngest daughter (14) just started having sex.

I posted most of what china does as a communist country.

It was meant to be sarcastic, but from what I see this is what is coming when we allow the government to get involved in the reproductive rights of the people.

when they pay for it they will control it, in small steps perhaps but the eventuality of it is they will have complete control one day.

Be careful what you wish for.

The same can be said for Universal health care.
John Adams

(05-08-2012, 11:10 AM)IMaDick Wrote: We should be genetically eliminating the low functioning before they are born.

Hypocrite. You wouldn't be here to make such a suggestion if this criteria had been in place in your parents' generation. j/k Blowing-kisses
I don't know why the fuck pregnancy tests wouldn't be covered by insurance. And I'm not sure if I would be opposed to my tax dollars going to help somebody find out if they're pregnant.

There's no test to see if you need an abortion FFS. It's a pregnancy test.
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-08-2012, 11:26 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 11:10 AM)IMaDick Wrote: We should be genetically eliminating the low functioning before they are born.

Hypocrite. You wouldn't be here to make such a suggestion if this criteria had been in place in your parents' generation. j/k Blowing-kisses

There would be about a dozen inventions/innovations that would not have happened had I been aborted.

Only 3 of them are sexual positions, the rest are Industrial/Mechanical/Technical in nature.
John Adams

(05-08-2012, 11:33 AM)username Wrote: I don't know why the fuck pregnancy tests wouldn't be covered by insurance. And I'm not sure if I would be opposed to my tax dollars going to help somebody find out if they're pregnant.

Many employers are forced to pay maternity leave, why isn't that covered by insurance?

I always thought women would know if they were pregnant or at least suspect they might be in about a month?

Has something changed that I should know about?
John Adams

(05-08-2012, 11:33 AM)username Wrote: There's no test to see if you need an abortion FFS. It's a pregnancy test.

That's what I was thinking. She may have taken one for all we know (I'm sure they're not foolproof), so I decided not to bring it up.

If she didn't, she could've saved some $$$ and time by taking one.
(05-08-2012, 11:33 AM)username Wrote: I don't know why the fuck pregnancy tests wouldn't be covered by insurance. And I'm not sure if I would be opposed to my tax dollars going to help somebody find out if they're pregnant.

True. I understood the poster to be indicating that pregnancy was assumed and it was a test for the abortion pill that she underwent and paid for. The below quote could have been misinterpreted.

Quote:Tammy75 wrote: I was not going to suck off the government and after a long and hard 2 weeks made the decision to take the abortion pill. However I had to travel over 100 miles to the closest PP and had to PAY for proccedure I didn't need to have as I was not pregnant.