Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
what's for dinner?
(05-16-2016, 05:13 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Yard bird, grilled yard bird.
I love me some grilled chicken. Been on a hickory smoke kick lately. I brine the chicken for about 12 hours before smoking it and smoke it for about 2 hours at around 225. Then lightly brush with BBQ sauce and let it caramelize... I'm aroused now. hah

Pasta salad with broccoli & cucumber. An ear of corn that I ate like a savage, down one side & up the other. Nom Nom Nom

...and an oreo.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Deer meat/Italian sausage meatloaf with tomato, peppers, onions garden scallions and shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Manicotti with all kinds of cheese, sauce and sausage.
Are you a male?
(06-26-2016, 09:13 PM)BigMark Wrote: Are you a male?

You're going to need to be more specific.

Fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and yellow squash. It tasted like summer.

I made spaghetti sauce and it's been simmering most of the day. It's one of only a few things I do well. Probably because it's basically hands off. 78
Both hands? [/b]
(08-01-2016, 03:06 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I made spaghetti sauce and it's been simmering most of the day. It's one of only a few things I do well. Probably because it's basically hands off. 78

Cooking pork roasts is one of the few things I do well. Back when mom was alive and I cooked for the family, my sister in law actually said she'd only eat the pork roast if I cooked it.
(08-01-2016, 08:35 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Cooking pork roasts is one of the few things I do well. Back when mom was alive and I cooked for the family, my sister in law actually said she'd only eat the pork roast if I cooked it.

How do you cook it? Mine always come out meh.

Pork chops and gravy on the other hand, I can cook that better than an old black woman from the deep south.
(08-01-2016, 08:49 PM)sally Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 08:35 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Cooking pork roasts is one of the few things I do well. Back when mom was alive and I cooked for the family, my sister in law actually said she'd only eat the pork roast if I cooked it.

How do you cook it? Mine always come out meh.

Pork chops and gravy on the other hand, I can cook that better than an old black woman from the deep south.

Wish I could remember. My cooking skills haven't been used in years and head is all filled with song lyrics and DMV Title learnin'. I remember it came out really moist and tender. I can't remember what spices and stuff I added or how long I cooked it in the oven.
Thank you, that was very helpful.
Sorry. Genuine, non backhanded compliments were fewer and far between back then so naturally I remember the food compliment more than the actual cooking of the food.
Did you hear that Duchess? MOIST!
(08-01-2016, 10:20 PM)BigMark Wrote: Did you hear that Duchess? MOIST!

Also I was doing the cooking in my POOP stained UNDERPANTS.
(08-01-2016, 10:20 PM)BigMark Wrote: Did you hear that Duchess? MOIST!

Yaaasssss. Had I been here when you posted that I would have told you it's only a matter of time before posts about underpants and poop too.
I cooked a pork roast in one of those oven turkey bags with a bunch of whole potatoes, onions and carrots and some pre-made pork spice mix, and it came out fantastic. I think IIRC the only thing I had to do was cut the bag away and hit the broiler for a couple minutes at the very end to brown the top. Juicy as hell that way.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(08-02-2016, 10:19 AM)Donovan Wrote: pre-made pork spice mix,

Is this something you purchased or your own creation? I'm always looking for ways to make things tasty and throwing everything in a bag and leaving it alone for hours is right up my alley.
The Fat Kraut

Brown your choice of sausage in a little bit of canola oil in a large pan. Bratwurst, Kielbasa or Italian works best.

Once nicely browned throw in a sliced green pepper, sliced yellow onion, a jar of drained hot/ sweet banana peppers, jar of drained roasted red peppers sliced, 1 tsp. of beef bouillon, 14 oz. bag of shredded cabbage and a bottle of beer. Let simmer about 10 minutes or until everything softens and marries and the beer reduces slightly.

Mix 1 12 tsp. cornstarch, 14 cup cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, 14 tsp. salt and 14 tsp. pepper. Add to sausage and pepper mixture and cook until slightly thickened. Serve on rolls or over mashed potatoes.