Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Living in the past?
(11-09-2012, 09:50 PM)Maggot Wrote: Green day stole the Chicago riff.

I see.

Lots of rockin' riffs ripped:

I love this George Harrison song:

Which sounds a lot like this great classic by The Chiffons (fun to listen to it again):
(11-09-2012, 09:48 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Been awhile since I listened to Offsping. This is my favorite one
hahBlowing-kisses

hah I like that song too, Clang. My favorite Offspring song (I may have posted it way upthread too, can't remember):

P.s. My "Basketcase" and "No Self-Esteem" references were reflections on those who've come and gone, but apparently keep whining, bullshitting, and bitching elsewhere loooong after the fact. PLUS, I really like both of those songs.
(11-09-2012, 11:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: My "Basketcase" and "No Self-Esteem" references were reflections on those who've come and gone, but apparently keep whining, bullshitting, and bitching elsewhere loooong after the fact.

Can you explain why they continue to lurk & at times try to gain access? Who the hell intentionally goes to a place they hold in such low regard? That doesn't even make a little bit of sense. Yet, daily, there they are. Oh look, there's one now. Hibye
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-10-2012, 07:25 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-09-2012, 11:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: My "Basketcase" and "No Self-Esteem" references were reflections on those who've come and gone, but apparently keep whining, bullshitting, and bitching elsewhere loooong after the fact.

Can you explain why they continue to lurk & at times try to gain access? Who the hell intentionally goes to a place they hold in such low regard? That doesn't even make a little bit of sense. Yet, daily, there they are. Oh look, there's one now. Hibye

Assuming that they have some power of self-reflection, the "Basketcase" lyrics sum it right up.

I think some people like being self-destructive, ass-sore, lying, basketcases - wear it like a badge.

Others just accept that they're losers and are too lazy and apathetic to do better, rather dwell in it.

The anthem for the latter group:

In either case, reliving the last lose is probably like picking at a scab; just kinda have to do it.

Hibye
(11-10-2012, 11:20 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think some people like being self-destructive, ass-sore, lying, basketcases - wear it like a badge.

Others just accept that they're losers and are too lazy and apathetic to do better, rather dwell in it.

I think you're a genius.
(11-10-2012, 11:46 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 11:20 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think some people like being self-destructive, ass-sore, lying, basketcases - wear it like a badge.

I think you're a genius.

I don't know if you've ever heard this Hendrix cover, but it's a good one and fit for you:

Which reminded me of this Terry Kath tribute to Hendrix - awesome. For Maggot.

Yup, you're a genius. hah

I like ZZ Top a lot, like Zeppelin they made no bad music. Thanks!
I love Led Zeppelin - still listen to them daily.

And still have a Robert Plant poster hanging in my sunroom. In high school, I kinda dreamed 'bout making lemonade a lot. Awink

When I was 19, my first boss (probably mid-late 30's) loved the Lemon Song.

Awesome!
Heavy work schedule this afternoon and it's beautiful outside.

I don't wanna work...Crying-into-tissue

Flea is one of the best bassists out there, weird mother fucker though, really weird.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

(11-09-2012, 11:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-09-2012, 09:48 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Been awhile since I listened to Offsping. This is my favorite one
hahBlowing-kisses

hah I like that song too, Clang. My favorite Offspring song (I may have posted it way upthread too, can't remember):

P.s. My "Basketcase" and "No Self-Esteem" references were reflections on those who've come and gone, but apparently keep whining, bullshitting, and bitching elsewhere loooong after the fact. PLUS, I really like both of those songs.

I guess I'm a weirdo...This one is my favorite. It's sad as fuck, and a real party killer...hah

(11-11-2012, 08:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: Flea is one of the best bassists out there, weird mother fucker though, really weird.

He is a crazy (and entertaining) guy, but agree that he's also one helluva serious bassist.

Here's one my favorite bassists ever - love her stuff:

memories...

Memories, light the corners of my mind.

Misty, water-colored memories, of the way we were.

Babs was actually pretty good-lookin' back in the day.

Edit: How could I forget. Katherine Ross, too!
Katherine Ross is still beautiful, imo. And she's married to a dream man.

"She's not There" by the Zombies.

Have a good afternoon...
(11-13-2012, 05:12 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Katherine Ross is still beautiful, imo. And she's married to a dream man.

Sam Elliott. Hubba! Hubba!

I could listen to him read a phone book.