Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Living in the past?
(05-21-2014, 02:28 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Did you click the link I put up? Note for note.

Nooooo. I don't want proof for godssake.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
They're playing the annual top 500 rock songs of all time on my favorite station here, 107.7 The Bone.

This one's in my top 100.

Lynyrd Skynyrd -- Saturday Night Special

I like them very much! I have such happy memories associated with their music...drinking in a farmers field, peeing behind trees, kissing a cute guy, laughing and carrying on. *sigh*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-25-2014, 01:57 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I like them very much! I have such happy memories associated with their music...drinking in a farmers field, peeing behind trees, kissing a cute guy, laughing and carrying on. *sigh*

My urban experiences way back then were similar, sorta.

We took our boom-boxes to the drive-ins. Before the movies, it was a party in the gravel (during the day, in the same spot, I'd have been with my parents at the swap meet).

Nobody didn't like Lynyrd Skynyrd on the box or Cheech and Chong on the screen.

If there wasn't a good slasher or stoner flick playing, we'd go to Griffith Park Observatory for the laser light rock show.

I never peed in a farmer's field, but behind buildings and at freeway downhills were necessary from time to time.

And, kissing cute guys never grows stale, even if "cute" looks differently to me now than it did back then. Kissing is underrated, IMO.

Old Days, Chicago

Kiss, Tom Jones.
Prince's original version is the best; love it. But, that skinny little bitch doesn't license much without a fee. Plus, my grandma loved Tom Jones -- "It's not Unusual" and "God Didn't Make the Little Green Apples" -- I can sing them and still remember the moves she taught me -- she was a little crazy and a lotta mean sometimes, but she was never boring.

I always thought Neil Young had one of the best Garage Band vibes . . .

I love Neil Young.

I was surprised to read that Dr. M. finds him depressing. He makes me feel good.

My favorite old "garage style" Neil:

My favorite all-time Neil:
This is how I feel today.

Dragging, stalling (no banging going on here, though)...
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
I'd like to dedicate these songs/videos to my friend, Midwest Spy.

He might blow your ass to smithereens just for jollies, but there's something in the way he moves (wait, that would be one of my picks - scratch that last part).

You're awesome HotD!
More of Spy's picks...

Four awesome picks ^. Ima have to update my iphone music.

1.30 am, MS, you're either celebrating or commiserating?
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
A little insomnia.

My gal is sleeping with our son.

He's a little under the weather.
I like the whole Introducing the Hard Line According to Terence Trent D'Arby album a whole lot.

He kinda went the way of Cat Stevens, with less direction. Great voice and moves, nonetheless.

(06-18-2014, 02:42 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: A little insomnia.

My gal is sleeping with our son.

He's a little under the weather.

Ahh...no good. Hope you're all back to health and normality soon.
(06-18-2014, 02:27 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: You're awesome HotD!

You only sweet-talk me when I'm working for you. Obviously, it's an effective form of manipulation. Awink

Here are a few more from your eclectic request list.

Have a good day, MS.

As always, "keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars."
This one makes me think of my old house outside of Flagstaff.

Bordering the National Forest and at 7000+ feet, you could see it every cloudless night!

I can dig MSs Rainbow pick also. I love me some Rainbow. I guess he has a few good ones. Dan Fogleberg needs to be banned from Mock though.
(06-20-2014, 03:28 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Dan Fogleberg needs to be banned from Mock though.

WTF?

Hasn't anyone listened to Fogleberg's mid 80's album High Country Snows?

One of finest collaborations of musicians to make Blue/Newgrass music!

Fuck Leader of the Band, The Power of Gold, Longer . . . (although the latter is what Mrs. Spy wishes he was) and all the other pop drivel.

Rainbow . . . pffft.

They had more member changes than Michael Sam's ass.
Tiki, do you realize the amount of mental fortitude and dick control required to stroke a hot, tight, wet pussy for say, 15 minutes?

A LOT I'll tell you.

Mrs Spy is happy if I approach that number.

Usually.