Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Living in the past?
"Johnny was a schoolboy when he heard his first Beatles song. Love Me Do I think it was, and from there it didn't take him long."

Someone please post for me.

TIA
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Very nice!

Is that what you wanted, honey? That's all I could come up with after reading that quote.
(03-08-2016, 06:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Is that what you wanted, honey? That's all I could come up with after reading that quote.

Spot On.

Thanks.
(03-08-2016, 05:21 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: "Johnny was a schoolboy when he heard his first Beatles song. Love Me Do I think it was, and from there it didn't take him long."

Someone please post for me.

TIA

I'm going to see Joe Walsh and Bad Company in July. 102 I only hope none of them die by then.

ACDC died yesterday...21
(03-08-2016, 06:27 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I'm going to see Joe Walsh and Bad Company in July.

I love this song! When he plays it, think of me!

(03-08-2016, 06:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 06:27 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I'm going to see Joe Walsh and Bad Company in July.

I love this song! When he plays it, think of me!

I sure will.

My favorite music is still the very same music I first began listening to as a little kid. I pretty much like it all. I alternately laugh/cringe when I see it referred to as "classic" rock.
If it hasn't become elevator music yet it's still all good. Smiley_emoticons_smile
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Remember this, Maggottyboo?

When that song came out I was in front of Rainvilles shoe store and they were putting in a new set of cement steps, when the guy finished I etched my initials and "the joker" under them. Old man Rainville came tearing out of that shop and missed kicking my head by a few inches I should go and see if its still there because old man Rainville is dead now and I think its a Chinese restaurant. Yeah, I had the 8 track "book of dreams" maybe. Get 11 for free just agree to buy 6 more at regular club prices.
Well, Mags, I think you mighta jinxed ELP.

Shortly after you conjured them up and put them back on the playlist, Keith is dead. Coincidence?

^ 'Fanfare for the Common Man' from 1977.

Keith Emerson shot himself in the head yesterday at his home in Santa Monica. He was 71 and had been suffering with a nerve disease which rendered him unable to play the keyboard. Apparently, he was too depressed about it to carry on.

RIP Keith Emerson.
He was the best part of ELP crap!
Here's one for you, Dr. M.

Keith Emerson was a master of the keys, no doubt about it.
(03-12-2016, 10:50 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: He was 71 and had been suffering with a nerve disease which rendered him unable to play the keyboard. Apparently, he was too depressed about it to carry on.

That's very sad for him to think his only worth came from his talent :(
(03-12-2016, 12:31 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-12-2016, 10:50 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: He was 71 and had been suffering with a nerve disease which rendered him unable to play the keyboard. Apparently, he was too depressed about it to carry on.

That's very sad for him to think his only worth came from his talent :(
Maybe he didn't want to live in a world where he could no longer pursue his passion. Might not have anything to do with what he feels his worth is.
I haven't heard THAT in a long time! Thanks!
(03-12-2016, 12:30 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Here's one for you, Dr. M.

Keith Emerson was a master of the keys, no doubt about it.

I listened to that the other day, its not bad. First time I've ever heard it.