Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread....
(05-24-2013, 02:26 PM)ramseycat Wrote: And I thought I would be employed a lot sooner.

Welcome to my world. Welcome to reality and the shitty economy.
(05-24-2013, 02:26 PM)ramseycat Wrote: My kids are covered through their father. Cobra was $400 a month so I chose not to take it. And I thought I would be employed a lot sooner.

Well at least the kids are covered... does NY offer health insurance through some state program for the unemployed? Maybe at least catastrophic coverage for yourself or something...
It's been a long time and my numbers might not be entirely accurate but IIRC, you have somewhere between 30-90 days to elect COBRA and then you have another 60 days or so to make your first payment. I always told departing employees to elect it at the last minute and wait until the last minute to start making payments. If they don't need it, they just don't pay but they keep their options open in the event something major happens during that roughly 3-5 month period.
Commando Cunt Queen

I think it's cool that our Prez fist bumps & I think it's very cool that he takes the time to fist bump a janitor when he comes across them in the White House. I'd love to have the opportunity to fist bump him.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-24-2013, 02:52 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 02:26 PM)ramseycat Wrote: My kids are covered through their father. Cobra was $400 a month so I chose not to take it. And I thought I would be employed a lot sooner.

Well at least the kids are covered... does NY offer health insurance through some state program for the unemployed? Maybe at least catastrophic coverage for yourself or something...

I'm sure they do. I just haven't looked into it yet.

Clang, I have been unemployed for 4 months. If it was going on 3 years like you, I would work at McD's or Stewarts just to have something. I wouldn't collect Welfare.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Can people in this hospital be any louder??? My mothers roommate never shuts up despite me asking her three times to be quieter because my mom is sleeping. The nurse comes in and looks right at her and sees her sleeping and then greets the other lady extremely loud. WTF? And what's with every fucking nurse calling every fucking body honey or sweetie or sweetheart in the baby talk voice? I'm about to go postal up in here.
(05-24-2013, 03:52 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Can people in this hospital be any louder??? My mothers roommate never shuts up despite me asking her three times to be quieter because my mom is sleeping.

Look her right in the eye, smile with teeth & quietly say, shut. the. fuck. up. I bet you wouldn't hear another peep out of her. Don't forget to smile.
If you ask the head bitch in charge for a transfer to a private room, you probably won't get it (at no additional cost) but they might get the message.

I hate hospitals. *shudders*
Commando Cunt Queen
The room mate is at least trying to keep it down. But that one nurse just came in again loud as fuck. So I ssshhhdd her. And gave her a dirty look. You would think as a health care professional she would know better.
(05-24-2013, 03:32 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Clang, I have been unemployed for 4 months. If it was going on 3 years like you, I would work at McD's or Stewarts just to have something. I wouldn't collect Welfare.

Yeah well I tried to get hired anyplace that was hiring fulltime(on my mom's advice) when I first started looking and now my mom is so desperate for me to get a job she says to take anything that is hiring part time even if it means working two jobs. But now that I've been out of work so long, not even Stewarts, McD's or Walmart will hire me even for part-time.
And you applied to those places?

Ramsey, is your sister any help at all these days?
I just let the lady at Sephora do my eye make up. I haz mad smokey eyes. Going out with the girls tonight for my birthday. Smiley_emoticons_smile
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-24-2013, 05:43 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Ramsey, is your sister any help at all these days?

No. She lives in Michigan. She is going to have to come help at some point though. Her hubs is having problems with his hip and going to PT and she works at a ped's office so the visit will have to wait until she can take time off and the hubs is better.
(05-24-2013, 06:00 PM)username Wrote: I just let the lady at Sephora do my eye make up. I haz mad smokey eyes.

Oooo la la.

Ramsey, maybe it's better she's not around right now, haven't I see you say she is a raving bitch?
(05-24-2013, 03:52 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Can people in this hospital be any louder??? My mothers roommate never shuts up despite me asking her three times to be quieter because my mom is sleeping. The nurse comes in and looks right at her and sees her sleeping and then greets the other lady extremely loud. WTF? And what's with every fucking nurse calling every fucking body honey or sweetie or sweetheart in the baby talk voice? I'm about to go postal up in here.

I've been in the hospital more than a few times and my experience has been that the male nurses are good and the majority of the female nurses are either cunts or dingbats or both.
(05-24-2013, 06:51 PM)sally Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 03:52 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Can people in this hospital be any louder??? My mothers roommate never shuts up despite me asking her three times to be quieter because my mom is sleeping. The nurse comes in and looks right at her and sees her sleeping and then greets the other lady extremely loud. WTF? And what's with every fucking nurse calling every fucking body honey or sweetie or sweetheart in the baby talk voice? I'm about to go postal up in here.

I've been in the hospital more than a few times and my experience has been that the male nurses are good and the majority of the female nurses are either cunts or dingbats or both.

I have to concur with you Sally.

However the nurses in the neo-natal ICU that we dealt with for my daughter were outstanding.

I generally do not care for hospitals, period.
(05-24-2013, 06:51 PM)sally Wrote: the majority of the female nurses are either cunts or dingbats or both.

I wonder which category I fall into if you met me.
I was going to say that the nurses in the neo-natal and delivery room were great. The rest of them, meh.
BE AFRAID, MAGGOT! BE VERY AFRAID!

[Image: eyeballz_zps85adb024.jpg]

Like my raccoon eyes? 113
Commando Cunt Queen