Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread....
(11-23-2013, 05:10 PM)username Wrote: Perhaps some old skateboard decks for shelves...

That's a really cool idea. Functional and decorative.

If I had the time and money, I'd update to tan walls with black trim - really like that combo. But, gray/silver and black for a boy's room with all those skateboards would probably be really fun.

Anxious to see your final creations!

P.s. If you end up getting new furniture, you can quickly paint the drawers from his old dresser and use them as box shelves, if you have the wall space and don't need super thick ones. I've got a couple of those in the garage.
I'm picking up a Kookaburra in honor of Crash and aussiebitch today.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Here's a shelf idea for you Maggot.

[Image: shelf_zpsa41a9cb5.jpg]
(11-24-2013, 12:16 PM)cannongal Wrote: Here's a shelf idea for you Maggot.

[Image: shelf_zpsa41a9cb5.jpg]

That's kinda cool. Almost like upside down crutches. hah

Did you get snow last night? I was cooking on the grill around 7:30 last night and a snow squall swirled around. I got up this morning and there was an inch on the ground.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-24-2013, 10:28 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-23-2013, 05:10 PM)username Wrote: Perhaps some old skateboard decks for shelves...

That's a really cool idea. Functional and decorative.

If I had the time and money, I'd update to tan walls with black trim - really like that combo. But, gray/silver and black for a boy's room with all those skateboards would probably be really fun.

Anxious to see your final creations!

P.s. If you end up getting new furniture, you can quickly paint the drawers from his old dresser and use them as box shelves, if you have the wall space and don't need super thick ones. I've got a couple of those in the garage.

Well crap, I should have read here before I started the new post in Soup Chicken.

Tan walls/black trim....hmmmm. That's interesting! I might not go full black but I could see a tan to a dark umber combo. I always paint my trim lighter than the wall color (except outdoors). Habit. Maybe this color hue with the medium on the walls and the dark on the trim... Fun, fun, fun. Sorry the pic is huge. All I could find in a hurry...

[Image: 5047.jpg]
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-24-2013, 01:06 PM)Maggot Wrote: Did you get snow last night? I was cooking on the grill around 7:30 last night and a snow squall swirled around. I got up this morning and there was an inch on the ground.

I like to recycle odd things, but that idea came from pinterest.

Got a dusting last night. Wind today was killer though-trees down & roads closed every where. Had to take one of the brats to Boy Scouts & ended up driving in circles to get there.
I'm waiting on David from Roto Rooter. So excited.

My washing machine not only leaked out the bottom, but overflowed the toilet and shower downstairs too.

$275 minimum. This home repair shit is getting very old and expensive. I'm considering taking up hard drugs. Russian
Mr. Crash, I take it you are not a floral type of guy and that is O.K., but I have always been a girly girl with posies, chintz, lace, etc. I can remember painting stuff, then hammering it all over and scraping paint off with sandpaper to give it an antique look that I think they called shabby chic at the time. I am over that.....I also had my walls done in the latest painting trend, e.g., using rags to give walls a swirly look, etc. I want u to visualize for a moment a large red poppy or some other flower painted on the white surface; the poppy would be scaled to cover maximum space on dresser, then use black/red comforter set or some combination of colors on bed. It would be a "wow" moment. This may not be your cup of tea but I am glad we had this little chat about interior design.
(11-25-2013, 12:02 AM)blueberryhill Wrote: I also had my walls done in the latest painting trend, e.g., using rags to give walls a swirly look, etc.

I'm not being a smartass, but that went out of style here in the 90s...

Floral is a big no no here in interior design. Especially if you are trying to sell something. Timber kitchens; gone. Timber panelling; long gone. Limewash faux antique furniture; goooooone! Pastel colours; *cringe*

Oddly enough, a small amount of 70s retro is making a comeback. Beiges, light tans and browns seem all the rage. Two-pack polyurethane kitchens are still all the rage, mainly in whites or off whites, with outrageously coloured splasbacks and furniture to break it up. Solid acrylic bench tops instead of stone. Blah blah..

Vive Le difference!
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

I keep getting emails from the florist I used to use to send LC flowers. They want to know if I'd like to send her a beautiful Thanksgiving arrangement. I'm tempted to respond and tell them I'd very much like to have an arrangement sent to her.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-25-2013, 01:41 AM)crash Wrote: I'm not being a smartass, but that went out of style here in the 90s...

Floral is a big no no here in interior design. Especially if you are trying to sell something. Timber kitchens; gone. Timber panelling; long gone. Limewash faux antique furniture; goooooone! Pastel colours; *cringe*

Oddly enough, a small amount of 70s retro is making a comeback. Beiges, light tans and browns seem all the rage. Two-pack polyurethane kitchens are still all the rage, mainly in whites or off whites, with outrageously coloured splasbacks and furniture to break it up. Solid acrylic bench tops instead of stone. Blah blah..

Vive Le difference!

We also have men in this country who are very clued up about the latest interior design trends.

We call them homosexuals.

I'll bet you know exactly what to do with some throw pillows and a throw rug with a big pink triangle on it while dancing to Kylie in your hot pants! Fabulous girlfriend!

Maybe you could go running off into the sunset hand in hand with Aussies ex husband?

Lol.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(11-25-2013, 07:08 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I keep getting emails from the florist I used to use to send LC flowers. They want to know if I'd like to send her a beautiful Thanksgiving arrangement. I'm tempted to respond and tell them I'd very much like to have an arrangement sent to her.

What the fuck?

I can't tell you how many people my mom had to send copies of my dad's death certificate to to "prove" he had died. His cell phone provider was one (I remember because I helped her with that one). It seemed like if anything was in his name, they wanted proof. Freaking irritating (and my mom still gets telemarketing calls asking for him).

I ordered some flowers for my mom from a florist local to her and you'd think it was damn FTD. They send me a junk mail at least once a week. Even the small shops play the game now. I don't know why I always just hit delete instead of telling them to take me off their list, blocking their address or somehow figuring out my comcast junk filter. I must change my lazy ways. Smiley_emoticons_slash

Just write back and tell them she's dead, thanks anyway, and please take your name off their list. If they ask for proof, definitely tell them you'd like to shove the thorny end of a dozen roses up their stupid, fat asses.
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-26-2013, 01:05 PM)username Wrote:
(11-25-2013, 07:08 AM)Duchess Wrote:

What the fuck?

I can't tell you how many people my mom had to send copies of my dad's death certificate to to "prove" he had died. His cell phone provider was one (I remember because I helped her with that one). It seemed like if anything was in his name, they wanted proof. Freaking irritating (and my mom still gets telemarketing calls asking for him).

I ordered some flowers for my mom from a florist local to her and you'd think it was damn FTD. They send me a junk mail at least once a week. Even the small shops play the game now. I don't know why I always just hit delete instead of telling them to take me off their list, blocking their address or somehow figuring out my comcast junk filter. I must change my lazy ways. Smiley_emoticons_slash

Just write back and tell them she's dead, thanks anyway, and please take your name off their list. If they ask for proof, definitely tell them you'd like to shove the thorny end of a dozen roses up their stupid, fat asses.

I feel your pain my dad was still getting letters and phone calls weeks after he had died.

I lost my rag with one company who kept ringing asking for him and I said “if you want to talk to my dad you will need a ouija board because he's as dead now as he was the last time you rang now fuck off!”

The water utility company said they needed a copy of his death certificate I said “no you don't I'm telling you he's dead and you need to bill my mother instead from now on ok? Goodbye!

It is inept upsetting and disrespectful.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I received mail addressed to my dad 27 years after he died (I was a senior in HS at the time of his death). Had not lived here (my hometown) for almost 20 years, moved back with my married name, and was amazed that the post office sent it to me. Unbelievable - 27 years later!
(11-26-2013, 01:22 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: It is inept upsetting and disrespectful.

It is.

It has a funny side at times though. My wife had a credit card to use for work related expenses. I rang them and got a figure to close it and transferred the money via eft. There was some hold up and a weekend in the middle or some bullshit, so by the time the funds were in the account, it had accrued another $0.09 interest.

Stupid fuckers didn't close it and have been sending threatening letters ever since. To date, 44 actually. I figure it costs that bank around $3 to send me a letter by the time the print it, envelope it and get someone to post it to me. $130+ to try and recoup $0.09 seems like bad business to me, but I'm amused to see how far it goes before a human actually intervenes in the automated process.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
The sad thing is in the UK me and my mother both spoke to humans to confirm my dads death and we both thought “that's that spoke to a human!”

But no, the same companies rang back again asking for him again, pricks.
I see US bombers have been “buzzing” Chinese air space.

What would the reaction be if Chinese bombers were “buzzing” American airspace?

I'm just relieved to see Obama is also a “war president”.
(11-27-2013, 06:05 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: What would the reaction be if Chinese bombers were “buzzing” American airspace?

What do you think, OP. You won't find me defending our governments stupid bullshit. People would be up in arms shouting, HOW DARE THEY! Their policy often seems to be, do as I say, not as I do. I sometimes view them (whoever "them" may be) as bullies. It's fuckin' ridiculous and then they flaunt it. 78
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-27-2013, 06:05 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I see US bombers have been “buzzing” Chinese air space.

What would the reaction be if Chinese bombers were “buzzing” American airspace?

I'm just relieved to see Obama is also a “war president”.

It's disputed airspace. China wants it and has recently "claimed" it as theirs but I think it was, and still is considered by us, to be Japanese airspace.

I'd like to claim the mansion a couple of miles from my home but that doesn't just make it mine. China's the aggressor here; we're just letting them know they don't get to stick their flag in the god damn water because they want to.

They're sending their one and only aircraft carrier to the area though now (as I understand it) so this could get interesting.
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-28-2013, 01:01 AM)username Wrote: It's disputed airspace. China wants it and has recently "claimed" it as theirs but I think it was, and still is considered by us, to be Japanese airspace.

I'd like to claim the mansion a couple of miles from my home but that doesn't just make it mine. China's the aggressor here; we're just letting them know they don't get to stick their flag in the god damn water because they want to.

They're sending their one and only aircraft carrier to the area though now (as I understand it) so this could get interesting.

Who gives a fuck who's airspace America thinks it is? This is an issue for China and Japan not America, somebody should tell Obama to sod off and mind his own business. “Exkwuse me pwease? Nosey nigger man? This not your pwoblem! Pwease fuck off minding own business! Maybe we listen if you pay back 11 trillion dollar you owe us nigger man! Or we send you fortune cookie wiv Uranium in it! Bad fortune for you!”

World police team America to the rescue again eh? U-S-A! U-S-A!