Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned American business
I've come to believe that to most American companies it's more important to rip off their customers than even to make a profit. They'll cheapen their product to the point it's worthless to save a couple pennies. They put less in a package knowing that people won't notice so short term profits soar. Of course recipes won't work any longer and long term sales suffer immensely.

They add vast quantities of untested and unknown chemicals to meats like sodium tripolyphosphate not because there's any legitimate reason but to get them to suck up water. I believe this chemnical is grandfathered in and doesn't require testing like sodium nitrite.

It cuts across the board. Products are packaged with absolutely no regard for the consumer who needs TNT or a degree in engineering just to open the package and then has to repackage it for storage. Now days you need a shop full of tools just to open the crap you buy.

Then consider that they alternately price the product anywhere between X and about 4X and it's absolutely no wonder that there's almost no sauch thing as brand loyalty any longer.

Every time they make a new product they reinvent the wheel. Engineering and designs are incredibly ingenious now days but as soon as they get the bugs worked out of anything it is obsolete and reinvented. You can't get replacement parts and they don't make it any longer. It's cheaper to throw out your printer and buy new when it runs out of ink than to get a replacement cartridge.

That's really a green way to do things.

Fuck 'em. I'll buy foreign when I can. It's crap too but I know that going in.

Messages In This Thread
Damned American business - by cladking - 09-14-2010, 09:40 PM
RE: Damned American business - by IMaDick - 09-15-2010, 07:15 AM
RE: Damned American business - by cladking - 09-16-2010, 01:06 AM
RE: Damned American business - by Lady Cop - 09-15-2010, 10:07 AM
RE: Damned American business - by cladking - 09-16-2010, 01:09 AM
RE: Damned American business - by IMaDick - 09-16-2010, 05:05 AM
RE: Damned American business - by cladking - 09-19-2010, 01:29 AM