Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned American business
Clad: They add vast quantities of untested and unknown chemicals to meats like sodium tripolyphosphate not because there's any legitimate reason but to get them to suck up water. I believe this chemical is grandfathered in and doesn't require testing like sodium nitrite.

that comment reminded me of an incident at a grocery store...i was asking the butcher what some "fresh" marinated chicken breasts were marinated IN. he stammered and finally admitted he didn't know. the fact is, when i read the tiny print on label they were marinated in salt water. period. well that sure didn't contribute anything but weight and sodium. and i raised hell with the store because some people will buy that crap unknowingly and they may be on low-salt diets.
hell, don't even get me started on supermarkets and their nasty little tricks. i read labels judiciously, but i know many people do not.
i recently got into a pissing match at another grocery store when they had a big sign that a boxed item was $2.49 per1 lb. box. only the box contained 9.5 ounces. i made them remove the big fucking lying sign.
what makes me angry is that i feel elders on fixed incomes are the biggest victims in grocery store-rip-offs.
they hate me at grocery stores, i watch scanners too. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Messages In This Thread
Damned American business - by cladking - 09-14-2010, 09:40 PM
RE: Damned American business - by IMaDick - 09-15-2010, 07:15 AM
RE: Damned American business - by cladking - 09-16-2010, 01:06 AM
RE: Damned American business - by Lady Cop - 09-15-2010, 10:07 AM
RE: Damned American business - by cladking - 09-16-2010, 01:09 AM
RE: Damned American business - by IMaDick - 09-16-2010, 05:05 AM
RE: Damned American business - by cladking - 09-19-2010, 01:29 AM