Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Republicans! Newt for President?
(03-03-2011, 07:00 PM)username Wrote:
(03-03-2011, 06:32 PM)Cracker Wrote: Are you taking the official position that Obama is a good president?

I said I might vote Republican (wouldn't be the first time). I'm a centrist. I also have a very simplistic theory (which I'm sure will be torn to shreds but here goes). I believe it's necessary for the party in power to change fairly regularly (for President, 8 years max--not sure about the house/senate) to get shit done. Look at what happened with Obama's election. It pretty much created the Tea Party, Arizona decided to tackle illegal immigration and the Wisconsin govenor is taking on the unions. The change from Bush to Obama enabled the country to make some health insurance reforms. The final piece that was put through is full of holes but the general concept had been on the table for years.

The horrible depression that was being predicted didn't happen and I heard that the market was up significantly today based in part on dropping oil prices but also some good job numbers (don't recall the specifics). Regardless, the Titanic seems to be turning.

Now it's time to call in the Republicans and close the spigots for awhile. Oh, and get rid of the unions and illegals and have people on welfare wash my car, please.

If we had a viable middle party, I wouldn't have to switch hit but we don't so I do.

But I'd vote against Sarah Palin every time.

Thats a good outlook.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey Republicans! Newt for President? - by Maggot - 03-03-2011, 08:07 PM