Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Spader murder trial has started~ horror in a little NH town
he will never be free. this was comparable to the Petit case for brutality, horror and senselessness.

Boston Herald
The New Hampshire girl who survived a brutal machete and knife attack that killed her mother received a special message today from the judge who sent her one of her mom’s killers to prison for life.

Jaimie Cates, who was 11 at the time of the October 2009 home invasion, made her first appearance in court as a jury rejected an insanity defense waged by Christopher Gribble, 21, and convicted him of murder.

“You are a lovely little girl,” said Judge Gillian Abramson, who added Gribble can never hurt her again.

“I hope you understand that. I wish you better days,” she said. Jaimie Cates did not address the court.

Abramson imposed the required sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole for the murder conviction. She added a sentence of 50 years to life plus a maximum of an additional 52 years for Gribble to serve consecutively on the other charges.

“I believe the record will thoroughly support my belief that infinity is not enough jail time for you,” she said.

Cates’s widower, David, discussed the pain of reliving the gruesome attack that killed his wife, Kimberly, 42, and maimed his daughter during Gribble’s trial.

“In this courtroom I’ve listened to the accounts of Kim’s murder one excruciating detail after the next, feeling in my body every strike of that machete and every stab of that knife,” Cates said. “I can’t fathom how depraved a person must be to commit such a heinous murder. Through these accounts I have heard my wife’s last breaths. I have listened to my child’s screams. I have watched as Jaimie’s perfect little body was mutilated and tortured.”

he listens to sentence:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Spader murder trial has started~ horror in a little NH town - by Lady Cop - 03-25-2011, 03:50 PM