Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kathryn Filiberti - Murdered
The teenager who has identified himself as the boyfriend of Kathryn Filiberti, the 18-year-old New York college student who was found dead last week, told AOL News via Facebook that people should not believe what they are reading in the news about the case.

"Don't believe what's in the news and newspapers," Mike Delarm wrote. "[Their] sources aren't from the police or people who [knew] Katie."

Kathryn Filiberti was found dead March 19 in Hyde Park, N.Y.Earlier this week, Delarm, 19, told the Poughkeepsie Journal that he was the last person to see Filiberti alive. The Dutchess Community College student's body was found on March 19 near Greentree Park in the Dutchess County town of Hyde Park, about 75 miles north of New York City.

Delarm told the Journal that he had been at a party with her on the night of March 18, just hours before her body was found some five miles away. Delarm said that Filiberti was upset because someone she did not like had been at the party. "They argued, and she walked away from him, he thought to go cool off," the newspaper reported.

In a Facebook message to AOL News, Delarm said he wanted to clarify that he did not get into an argument with Filiberti before she disappeared.

"We didn't get into a fight," he wrote. "She was aggravated because of a couple of people at the [party] she didn't like."

An autopsy on Filiberti was completed March 20, and her death is listed as a homicide, but authorities have declined to elaborate. "The cause and manner of death is pending," Dr. Kari Reiber, the county's chief medical examiner, told AOL News.

Authorities have yet to confirm local media reports that Filiberti had been stabbed multiple times in the face and the chest.

Delarm and two other men were arrested in Poughkeepsie in January in connection with an alleged gang assault, according to the Mid-Hudson News Network. The men were charged with second-degree assault and remanded to jail in lieu of $10,000 bail, the newspaper reported.

Repeated calls to the Dutchess County District Attorney's Office have not been returned, so the disposition of the case remains unclear. According to Delarm, he was not charged.

"[I was not] charged with anything ... it was not a gang assault and ... the kid in the hospital didn't almost die at all. He had minor injuries," Delarm said.

Earlier this week, Filiberti's best friend, Lindsay McGarril, described Delarm to the Journal as Filiberti's "on-again, off-again" boyfriend. In a separate interview with AOL News, McGarril said that Filiberti often put her friends and Delarm first.

McGarril declined to go into detail about the case today. She said that Delarm had deleted his Facebook page because he was "being harassed." She said Filiberti's family had asked her not to speak with the media anymore.

"I'm listening to their wishes," she told AOL News. "I've told you about her and as much as I could about the case, and that's all I can say."

Delarm was also hesitant to go into many details about the case.

"I could jeopardize the investigation by saying too much, but I can say that everyone loved Katie [and] no one hated her."

Delarm added, "I love her and I wish I could switch positions with her. When she was murdered, so was I. I'm never gonna be normal again without my Katie Kat."

Further comment from Delarm will have to wait until the individual responsible for her death has been caught, he said.

"When they catch the guy, I'd love to have an interview with [AOL News], but it's just too risky until then. I'm sure [you] understand."

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/26/slain-...t-believe/

----

kid sounds so suspicious to me.

ALSO his facebook is private, but the comments on POJO say that he accepts anyone who adds him on facebook and has added at least a hundred people since this happened.. I am really curious to see what is written on his facebook and see some of the pictures of him and KF

---

Messages In This Thread
Kathryn Filiberti - Murdered - by barbiexo - 04-06-2011, 11:58 AM
RE: Kathryn Filiberti - Unsolved Murder - by barbiexo - 04-06-2011, 12:06 PM
RE: Kathryn Filiberti - Murdered - by barbiexo - 10-03-2011, 01:28 PM
RE: Kathryn Filiberti - Murdered - by Lady Cop - 10-03-2011, 01:30 PM
RE: Kathryn Filiberti - Murdered - by Mickeymouse - 10-03-2011, 07:26 PM