Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
fatalities in Joplin Mo. tornado
1500 missing!
much more at link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...trees.html

JOPLIN, MO. - First they found his dark blue teddy bear. Then frantic relatives searching for toddler Skyular Logsdon spotted his red T-shirt and pants, torn, rain-soaked and wrapped around a telephone pole. Signs_173

The little boy hasn't been seen since Sunday night when a massive tornado ripped through the center of Joplin, Mo., killing at least 123 people and leaving many more missing.

As search teams took advantage of a break in the bad weather on Tuesday to look for survivors under mountains of wreckage, Skyular's relatives carefully lifted up the wooden beams and twisted metal of what was once his home.

They prayed for signs of life from the boy, who was about 15 months old. His injured parents are in hospital.

"We have searched every morgue, every hospital, every place we can think of," said Rusty Burton, a stepgrandfather to Skyular. "I looked at every piece of this house I could."

The discovery of the young boy's clothes on the telephone pole nearly 180 meters away was gut-wrenching.

"It's all torn up. I don't want him to have been wearing this," said relative Pamela Tate, sobbing as she gripped the wet, tiny clothes. "All I want is for him to be alive. That is all I want."

edit to add: Joplin, Mo. — Authorities have identified the body of a toddler.
His mother, Carol Jo Tate, told the Associated Press on Wednesday that the body of 16-month-old Skyular Logsdon was identified at the morgue handling tornado victims in this southwestern Missouri town.

(CNN) -- A 3-year-old lost in the ferocious storm that swept through Oklahoma Tuesday night was found dead Thursday morning, authorities said.

The body of Ryan Hamil was found floating in a lake.

The search for him in Canadian County and his family's anguish drew worldwide attention. Ryan's younger brother, 15-month-old Cole, died in the storm as well. His older sister Cathleen survived, as did his mother, Catherine Hamil, who is pregnant.

"I lost both of my boys," said Ryan's father, Hank Hamil, crying before cameras at a news conference Thursday morning.

"Ryan was my little buddy. Cole was too. I loved them both," he said.

Attached Files
.jpg   Cfakepath052611_TornadoBaby212_20110526_115020.jpg (Size: 28.93 KB / Downloads: 15)

Messages In This Thread
fatalities in Joplin Mo. tornado - by Lady Cop - 05-22-2011, 10:36 PM
RE: fatalities in Joplin Mo. tornado - by Duchess - 05-23-2011, 05:41 AM
RE: fatalities in Joplin Mo. tornado - by Carsman - 05-23-2011, 08:47 AM
RE: fatalities in Joplin Mo. tornado - by Cracker - 05-23-2011, 05:31 PM
RE: fatalities in Joplin Mo. tornado - by Carsman - 05-23-2011, 07:41 PM
RE: fatalities in Joplin Mo. tornado - by Duchess - 05-24-2011, 06:00 AM
RE: fatalities in Joplin Mo. tornado - by Duchess - 05-24-2011, 08:13 AM
RE: fatalities in Joplin Mo. tornado - by Nina - 05-25-2011, 05:09 PM
RE: fatalities in Joplin Mo. tornado - by Lady Cop - 05-26-2011, 05:55 AM