Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the ancients know more than we do?
(06-25-2011, 02:27 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Nothing has changed, we just use a slide rule, calculator,and mechanical engineering to achieve the same thing a string with a knot tied in it and a water level, an abacus and soap stone was doing thousands of years ago.

technology is not always the advancement of knowledge but simply an application tool used to make it easier for lazy fucks to do the work.

I forget which ancient building it was they were discussing (one of the ones in Greece/Rome) in a documentary I watched a couple weeks ago, but they were discussing the precision of the curves on the columns, and other mathematical aspects that had to be done during construction. It was very interesting seeing them trying to re-create how it could have been done thousands of years ago.They were trying to restore the building columns (each column was made up of several pieces stacked on each other). They think they figured how it was done, and were able to re-create it using tools available during the time period. But they still needed a crane that was capable of lifting the several tons in order sections to get them into place.

That's the type of stuff that amazes me..the immense weight of the stones they used to build the ancient structures, and how they were able to move them.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did the ancients know more than we do? - by thekid65 - 06-26-2011, 09:49 AM