Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the ancients know more than we do?
Effen Americans. I don't know what we are going to do about them.

If the world would just say, "The boundaries we have NOW are the final World Boundaries for each country" we could get back to being constructive. If you don't like the laws or customs in one country or region, go somewhere else. We just can't, though, because of our greed and our tendency to be tied to every past situation and attached to things that don't matter. A little Tao would do the Western world a lot of good. I'm not sure what would help the Eastern world as half of it already has Tao and other half has Allah.

We have lost a lot of our abilities to deal with figurative language. We took all the good old stories and made them FACT and we will not be deterred from this belief. It closes off a lot of original intention.

Our use of symbolism has degenerated to only being familiar with the golden arches and the Nike swoosh. Even though education is widely available, we don't have a larger proportion of our society aware of concepts like the golden mean than the ancients did. Most people don't care. They don't want to understand the world around them because they are busy doing other things. I had to let go of half of my worldly belongings to free up time. That seems crazy to people who spend all day trying to get MORE things.

Puma Punku amazes me as much as anything the ancients did. How the hell did they do that? They say the edges on the stones are so sharp they will cut you.
[Image: Puma-puncu.jpg]
[Image: pumapunka5.jpg]
[Image: puma_punku_letters.jpg]
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did the ancients know more than we do? - by Cracker - 06-26-2011, 10:53 PM