Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the ancients know more than we do?
(06-26-2011, 10:53 PM)Cracker Wrote: Puma Punku amazes me as much as anything the ancients did. How the hell did they do that? They say the edges on the stones are so sharp they will cut you.

I confess that I've skipped right over dozens of threads about Puma Punku because it doesn't much interest me and I had to check wiki just to get an overview. I have seen pictures of the closely fitted stones though.

It's a matter of what we have time for and what we are willing to make time for. Until I saw a picture of G1 with a bus at the bottom to provide scal I had no interest in the pyramids. But that picture showed me that it was simply too big to have been made with brute force. I made time to try to figure out how it was actually done.

We all should pay more attention to things. I've been surprised how much some of my friends already knew about pyramids. My excuse is that I never really was interested in history because it was always told from the perspective of leaders and it's the common folk who make history and leaders. History is about trade. It's about demand and not dates.

I'm still working on the write-up. I got distracted by doing the math which I'll probably delete anyway once I find the error in it.

I'll give everyone a clue; the Palermo Stone named the years after the amount of water they had with which to build.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did the ancients know more than we do? - by cladking - 06-28-2011, 12:39 AM