Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyron Horman, age 7, missing in Oregon
nothing new, but its good to know they are still looking for this precious boy.....

New searches are planned this weekend for evidence in the disappearance of Kyron Horman, who turns 9 on Friday.

Kyron's mother Desiree Young said Multnomah County Sheriff's Office will comb "key areas" that have not yet been searched.

"It's an active investigation," said Lt. Steve Alexander, spokesman for the sheriff's office. "We're continuing to pursue leads and tips."

He would not confirm that officials would be conducting searches this weekend.

Young said officials are trying to keep a low profile so they can go about their work without a horde of onlookers or members of the media recording their moves.

She and her husband Tony Young, who live in Medford, conducted a search Aug. 27 and 28 with two trained nonprofit groups. She said they had a variety of vehicles and searched places around Northwest Germantown and Newberry roads and the area around Northwest Skyline Boulevard.

"We will probably be doing a few searches," she said.

She said the searches have focused on public property and that the sheriff's office is planning on combing areas identified in the investigation that have not been searched.

While the Youngs are focused on the search, Kyron's dad, Kaine Horman, is planning a birthday party for his son at Big Al's in Beaverton from 4 to 9 p.m. on Friday.

The event will include a mohawk station for boys and a nail-painting station for girls. Horman, who shaves his head, said he plans on getting a purple quarter-inch mohawk in tribute to Kyron, who always wanted one. For details on the party, check Kyron's website, http://
bringkyronhome.org.

Horman, who appreciates sheriff's volunteers actively looking for his son, is not taking part in the searches.

"I'm not certified," he said. "I'm going to leave it to the professionals so if they find something they can process it properly so it can be used in legal proceedings if it's relevant. I don't want it thrown out if it's tampered with or moved."

Besides, he said, he believes his boy is still alive.

"I know the searches have to be done but I don't think they will find anything," he said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index...ore_2.html
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kyron Horman, age 7, missing in Oregon - by God - 07-31-2010, 09:18 AM
RE: Kyron Horman, age 7, missing in Oregon - by Jezreel - 10-28-2011, 03:21 PM