Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
former Penn. State Coach Sandusky charged in child sex case
The mother of the boy who triggered the investigation into Jerry Sandusky's alleged child sex assaults says that during the years of abuse the boy suffered he felt he didn't have the power to say no to the former Penn State football coach.

"I had said, 'You know, maybe we should have come to this conclusion earlier -- you should have told me,'" the mother, whose name is being withheld, said she told her son. "He was like, 'Well, I didn't know what to do … you just can't tell Jerry no.'"

Sandusky, now 67, would often have the boy stay at his home after they met when he was 11 in 2005 through the Second Mile program, which the coach founded for at-risk youth

http://gma.yahoo.com/penn-state-scandal-...20374.html

Why were these boys staying at Sandusky's home in the first place? I can understand the boys going to football camps and attending Penn State games through the Second Mile, but didn't anyone (including Sandusky's wife, Dottie) think it was odd that Jerry had these young boys spend the night in his basement? These were local boys, none of them probably lived more than a 15 minute drive from Sandusky's home. It sounds to me like it wasn't only these sexually abused boys that couldn't say NO to Jerry, no one could (or did).

Messages In This Thread
RE: former Penn. State Coach charged in child sex case - by Cheyne - 11-11-2011, 11:28 PM