Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial & MLK Day
(08-23-2011, 08:47 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: Sally: The ones with freckles are called redbones and you can't trust them as far as you can throw em. You can't trust the bluegums either.

i don't know what cave i have lived in all my life, i swear i never heard those descriptions or their meanings.

From what I understand, "redbone" have Native American heritage mixed in the batch.

Trivia:

Quote:The name Redbone itself is a joking reference to a Cajun term for a mixed-race person ("half-breed"), the band's members being of mixed blood ancestry. The band referenced Cajun and New Orleans culture many times in their lyrics and performing style. Patrick and Lolly, who were a mixture of Native American and Mexican heritage, had previously performed and recorded under the stage surname Vegas, in part to downplay the Latin American association of their birth surname, Vasquez. According to Patrick Vasquez, it was Jimi Hendrix - himself part Native American - who talked the musicians into forming an all-Native American rock group, and they signed as the band "Redbone" to Epic Records in 1969. The band then consisted of Patrick Vasquez, Lolly Vasquez, Peter DePoe and Tony Bellamy. Their debut album Redbone was released in 1970.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the new Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial - by Smegma - 01-14-2012, 01:48 PM