Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Kyle Basinger-- "hired by russian mob"
so a little bit of updating to be done...

last time I posted, the trial/court schedule was:
Co-defendant Ron Shirer, 22, of Willoughby Hills, is scheduled to be tried Jan. 24.
The alleged ringleader, 21-year-old Euclid resident Kyle Basinger, is set for trial Feb. 6.

Since then Basinger and Shirer have both pleaded guilty to aggravated murder. Basinger on Wednesday (1/25) and Shirer earlier today (1/30).

I'm not going to be posting the articles in full mainly because there are a lot of rehashed facts, but as always the article's headline will link you to the original source

*also, anything in pink italics (like this) was added by me

Basinger pleads, gets life term in death of Putzbach (with video)

By: Tracey Read Published: Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kyle Basinger thanked the parents of William Andrew Fayne Putzbach Wednesday for letting him live even though he didn’t give their son that luxury.

Basinger, 22, of Euclid, pleaded guilty in Lake County Common Pleas Court to aggravated murder.

Judge Joe Gibson then immediately adopted the joint recommendation of prosecutors and defense attorneys of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Basinger admitted strangling Putzbach, a 21-year-old Willowick man, with a chain and then stuffing his body in his car April 10 at the Willoughby Hills Towers apartment complex.

“Will was a good man, he really was,” Basinger said. “Due to my severe drug addiction, I made a decision I’ll regret for the rest of my life.”

Basinger, who cried at times in court, said he’s thankful the victim’s family agreed to the plea deal that took away capital punishment as a possible penalty.

The high school dropout added that his two co-defendants, Nathaniel Brown and Ronald Shirer, need to admit their guilt as well so everyone involved can heal.

“Ron and Nate were just pawns to help me carry (the murder) out,” said Basinger. “But I can only hope that Nate and Ron can show some remorse and actually say they did it.”

Shirer, 22, of Willoughby Hills, is scheduled to go on trial May 8. (not exactly sure when his trial date changed, but this was still before Shirer's plea)

Chief Assistant Lake County Prosecutor Karen Kowall called the crime senseless.

“They lured William Putzbach to come to the apartment complex that night,” she said.

Basinger also asked him to get him marijuana as a favor(this statement makes me think that will did not actively sell weed, but more likely just knew where to get some good shit. could just be in this reporters phrasing tho). Once at the complex, Basinger began choking him to get his bank PIN number. Once he got the number, he continued to choke him until he died, she said.

Afterward, Basinger drove around in Putzbach’s car for days and used his credit cards while numerous people searched for the victim.

Putzbach’s mother, Cathy Fayne of Cleveland, worked with her son at a local factory and described him as a hard worker who would do anything for anybody.

“It’s unforgivable what they did to my child,” she said.

Basinger nodded his head, “Yes,” while the victim’s mother described her son’s good qualities.

Frederick Putzbach, the victim’s father, said he’s still having a hard time coping with his son’s murder.

“I’m trying to understand how senseless and evil one man could be to another,” he said. “I’ve had numerous sleepless nights. An excuse for me to start drinking again.

“I’d like to see a slow, agonizing, painful death. Life in prison without parole is still too lenient in my eyes. Unfortunately, I will not be able to see you die. That’s my only regret.”

Ronald Shirer pleads guilty to aggravated murder - UPDATED
By: Tracey Read Published: Monday, January 30, 2012

(for whatever reason, there is video of Shirer entering his plea but it is not included in the original article, here is the direct link, if interested)

The last of three men charged in the killing of William Andrew Fayne Putzbach has admitted taking part in the murder.

Ronald Shirer, 22, whose most recent address was on East 332nd Street in Eastlake, pleaded guilty Monday in Lake County Common Pleas Court to aggravated murder.

Putzbach, 21, of Willowick, was murdered April 10 at Willoughby Hills Towers apartment complex.

“We planned to steal his marijuana and credit cards. I was to be there as backup,” Shirer said. “I assisted by holding his legs down.”

Due to his cooperation in the case, prosecutors have jointly agreed with public defenders Terry Hess and Margaret Campbell to recommended he be sentenced to life in prison with parole eligibility after 20 years.

However, Judge Richard L. Collins Jr. will have the final say when Shirer is sentenced Feb. 27.

The victim’s father, Frederick Putzbach, said he does not believe Shirer has genuine remorse.

“I believe his admission today is only being done to save himself,” the father said. “I want to see the sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole. He should get the same as the other two.”

Co-defendant Nathaniel Brown, 22, of Willoughby Hills, is serving life without parole after being convicted by a jury of helping to kill the victim with a hammer.

Ringleader Kyle Basinger, 22, of Euclid, pleaded guilty last week to aggravated murder and is also serving life without parole. Basinger admitted strangling Putzbach with a chain and stuffing his body in his car.

Afterward, Basinger drove around in the victim’s car for days and he and Shirer used Putzbach’s credit cards.

Basinger said he lured Putzbach to the complex — where Shirer and Brown lived at the time — by asking him to get him marijuana as a favor.

LC-- any guess on why Shirer won't be sentenced until Feb 27, when Basinger's sentence was decided on the spot? is it the judge's decision when sentencing is actually handed down (different judges for basinger and shirer)

at least the parents don't have to sit thru three separate trials going over the same horrific details..

Messages In This Thread
Kyle Basinger-- "hired by russian mob" - by koko - 05-02-2011, 07:53 PM
update - by koko - 08-15-2011, 04:52 PM
RE: update - by Eat Shit And Die - 11-28-2011, 12:11 AM
Guilty Pleas - by koko - 01-30-2012, 03:26 PM