Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8 - Canada, Murdered. The trial of Michael Rafferty
Today's update so far:

UPDATE: 12:00 -- Terri-Lynne McClintic said she wanted to "take the fall" for Michael Rafferty in the murder of Victoria Stafford because she believed she was an 18-year-old junkie whose own life was worthless.

But just over a month after she was arrested, she confessed to the murder, started cooperating with police and signed a document falsely accusing Rafferty of the actual killing.

In her second day on the stand in Rafferty's murder trial, McClintic recalled her days at a detention centre in London after she was picked by police for breach of probation and questioned about Stafford's death.

She said Rafferty called her and visited at the centre offering support.

He offered to bring her flowers and asked her if she knew the consequences of " taking the fall."

"He told me 'You would do anything for a bit of love - wouldn't you?'"

She said he also talked about running away "like Bonnie and Clyde" and said he was looking forward to conjugal prison visits.

He sat with McClintic when she was in shackles outside a Woodstock courtroom and tried to slip her some drugs.

McClintic said she at first lied to police about being the mystery woman in the video showing Victoria's abduction.

But she later took a polygraph test and then confessed to the murder in a long interview with police on May 19.

She wrote a letter of apology to Tara McDonald, Victoria's mother "as a way of coping". She said she has only vague memories of MacDonald because of some drug deals with her partner James Goris.

McClintic also provided information to police that eventually allowed them to find Victoria's body.

She prepared a statement saying Rafferty killed Victoria. In testimony Tuesday she admitted she delivered the fatal hammer blows to the girl.

"It was what I wanted to be true," she said in an attempt to explain the lie.

Rafferty, 31, has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual assault causing bodily harm in Victoria (Tori) Stafford's death.

McClintic, Rafferty's former girlfriend, pleaded guilty in 2010 to first-degree murder and is serving a life sentence.

--- --- ---
UPDATE: 8:51 -- Terri-Lynne McClintic said she and Michael Rafferty took many steps to cover their tracks after the murder of Tori Stafford.

McClintic took the stand for the second day this morning in the Michael Rafferty murder trial.

Rafferty, 31, has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder, kidnapping and sexual assault causing bodily harm in Victoria (Tori) Stafford's death. Terry-Lynne McClintic, Rafferty's former girlfriend, pleaded guilty in 2010 to first-degree murder and is serving a life sentence.

After the pair left the crime scene north of Guelph, McClintic said they threw out their shoes, thoroughly cleaned the car in Cambridge and changed their clothes. Rafferty even asked her to cut out sections of the back seat of the car that could not be cleaned.

McClintic said she smoked marijuana, took oxycontin several times, as well as percocets, on the day Tori was killed.

She said she and Rafferty also discussed a cover story about a shopping trip to Oakville.

In an ironic twist, she helped a neighbour hand out fliers on Tori's disappearance.

A few days after the crime she was arrested on an outstanding warrant and taken to the police station. She denied knowing anything about Tori Stafford and was taken to the Genest detention centre McClintic said she contacted Rafferty from the centre. He asked if she needed anything, and offered to bring flowers.

He later came to the centre and they embraced.

They discussed the intense search for Tori Stafford.

"I said I would take the fall. He had more to lose - a life, a job. I really had nothing."

On Tuesday McClintic testified about her role in the killing of eight-year-old Victoria Stafford, providing details about the abduction and sexual assault.

McClintic told the jury she had inflicted the blows with a hammer that killed the girl.

There is also a video at this link of Rodney Stafford speaking during the lunch break: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffe...00186.html

I have been reading some twitter updates today, TLM is speaking much clearer today, I guess yesterday must have been really emotional for her, shame!! Sarcasm01
Also today Rafftery has been seen biting his lip, shaking his head as TLM testifies, along with more smirking - sick sick bastard! He has been seen to be taking a lot of notes throughout the day also.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8 - Canada, Murdered. The trial of Michael Rafferty - by Jezreel - 03-14-2012, 04:07 PM