Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8 - Canada, Murdered. The trial of Michael Rafferty
This story has haunted me, and the scenario has gown over and over in my head. I lay in bed thinking of what she testified too yesterday. This is what rubs me the wrong way. I deal with addicts/criminals all day long. (Work in criminal defense law) I am also a very curious person, so I always ask question to get to know people. (Minor psych in college) So in saying all this I have asked many people what the feeling is being high on pills that she is stating she took. This is what makes me angry she blames the drugs like it is taking the blame off her. I have seen this happen so many times, “oh I was high, and I didn’t know what I was doing”. WRONG ANSWER!
The answers I have received from the worst of criminals is always the same, pills / marijuana give you a happy feeling, calming feeling. You always know what you’re doing, and you have control over your own actions.
Alcohol, crack, heroin, etc. these seem to be the drugs that have you in complete lose of control over yourself and your actions.

Sorry for the venting session, I needed to get that off my mind. This act of saying “I killed her, BUT he raped her and we were high on drugs so don’t blame me” is just driving me crazy.
I needed to get that off my chest. haha

Messages In This Thread
RE: Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8 - Canada, Murdered. The trial of Michael Rafferty - by LytoMe - 03-15-2012, 09:17 AM