Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Demjanjuk...the last nazi war crimes trial
Bullshit

People, get your facts straight.

Demjanjuk was accused of being "Ivan the Terrible". He was tried in Israel, convicted, then had his conviction overturned by the Israeli Supreme Court when it was proven that someone else was Ivan.

Read my earlier post.

In his trial in Germany, no former Sobibor inmate COULD EVEN IDENTIFY HIM. Nobody accused him of ANYTHING except being a camp guard. He was convicted solely because of his camp ID card.

Before anyone starts the "anyone who served the Nazis in the death camps shares the Nazis' guilt and deserves punishment" argument, remember that the bodies of the victims were removed from the gas chambers and taken to the crematoriums by other inmates, most of them other Jews.

Should they be prosecuted too?

If you want to express righteous indignation, what about the fact that the U.S. Government spirited away Klaus Barbie - The Butcher of Lyon - so the military could use him for a couple of years to gather intelligence, later hooking him up with the Catholic Church's "Ratline" and arranged his excape to South America. Were it not for the Klarsfelds, he would have died there after a happy, comfortable life.

And excuse me if I think that anyone who posts about how tough they would have been if they had been in a concertration camp is absolutely full of shit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Demjanjuk...the last nazi war crimes trial - by Disciple - 03-20-2012, 05:58 PM