Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Open UP! This is the poli.......BAM.....unnhh
Jesus, this is an ill-conceived law. Just like "stand your ground", it's way too subjective and leaves the decision as to what constitutes a threat and when it's okay to use deadly force on people who may feel threatened for no valid reason other than because they have a chip on their shoulder or because they are indeed doing something wrong. It's a built in defense for lawbreakers who find the police at their homes. "I didn't know I was doing anything wrong; that officer was a threat to my safety".

Internal Affairs, the media, defense lawyers, civil lawyers - all means by which a citizen can address what he/she feels is a questionable or illegal act by a police officer. What problem is Indiana trying to solve here? Have there been a series of wrongful entries by police where innocent citizens have wound up dead? If not, this is some majorly flawed bullshit. What the hell was Daniels thinking when he signed this bill into law? His attempt to qualify it as a "good thing" for police officers is weak and disjointed.

This POS legislation should have been vetoed, imo. It increases the risk to law enforcement officers unnecessarily.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open UP! This is the poli.......BAM.....unnhh - by HairOfTheDog - 04-04-2012, 09:44 AM