Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NC Amendment One - Gay Marriage Pro or Con?
(04-10-2012, 10:53 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 10:22 AM)IMaDick Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 10:20 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 10:15 AM)IMaDick Wrote: It's obviously a genetic defect.

natural attraction -V- un natural attraction

So homosexuality is now a genetic defect?

Animals display homosexual behaviours and always have done.

You are a fucking idiot.

If you want to avoid the conversation go ahead and do that, If you want to join in the conversation then tell me which sex you're attracted to.

We are genetically designed to be attracted to the opposite sex.

I'm trying to understand your reasoning here. You're saying that being born with an attraction to the same sex is essentially equivalent to being born without an arm, or with 12 toes, etc? Genetic birth defects.

Let's say you're right (I don't think you are, but let's say you are). Would you deprive a one-armed man and a 12-toed woman from getting marrried? I doubt it. So, if you consider being gay a genetic defect, why prevent gays from marrying? Strictly based on Biblical scripture? What about those of us straight people who choose not to procreate? Any point in allowing us to marry?

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

How about those "fornicators" who've engaged in sex outside of marriage? Those adulterous folks who have previously cheated on a spouse? The many drunkards of the world? All condemned and considered unworthy in the Bible. No marriage for them either?

Genetic defects are not necessarily debilitating.

It's obvious what natural attraction is, thus it is also obvious what unnatural attraction is.

There really can only be 2 reasons to be un naturally attracted to the same sex it's either a choice or it's not, If it's not then it's genetic and since it is not the natural it has to be labeled as a defect.

It doesn't mean that they are missing anything it very well could be that they are plus something.

X and Y you know? it could be X minus or Y plus or Y minus or X plus or it could be a combination of any of those factors.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Messages In This Thread
RE: NC Amendment One - Gay Marriage Pro or Con? - by IMaDick - 04-10-2012, 11:03 AM