Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NC Amendment One - Gay Marriage Pro or Con?
I believe gays are born that way. As someone earlier posted, "Why would anyone choose that lifestyle with all the ridicule and humiliation that would follow?"

Let me give you one example - A mother came to talk to me (not school-related but she came to my classroom to confide in me) about her son who was in my room. She was terrified he was going to be gay (8 years old). She admitted that she was gay (even though when she was really young she had this little boy). She cried and cried because she did not want him to go through what she has experienced. The mother wanted to know if I thought he acted gay. What would you say if a mother who is gay asked that? Yes, I lied and said that I couldn't see any indications, but yet I did - just couldn't tell her what I thought - I could have been wrong. Then she asked me what she could say or do to him to make sure he would grow up straight.

She was so open with me (thought I was a psychologist, I guess) that I ended up asking her if she knew she was "different" when she was a little girl. Her answer was that she always knew. I then asked if there were any words that anyone could have said to her to help her change her mind. With great sobs, she said no. Her son graduated from high school a couple of years ago and is indeed very gay - extreme feminine mannerisms.

Add: 2 other boys I taught over the years before this one displayed the same characteristics. They are now gay men.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NC Amendment One - Gay Marriage Pro or Con? - by Teacher - 04-11-2012, 05:32 PM