Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How long have you known your freinds?
(04-17-2012, 08:01 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I have known my best friend Steve for 33 years. He's a huge guy, always has been - looks intimidating, but he's actually very sweet. We would braid our hair to look like Ted Nugent in 7th and 8th grade and then hit the skateboard park. He was good, I was just brave - the scars attest to my mediocrity. He and his guy friends would call me and sing to Cheap Trick Live at Budokan when he was hanging with the dudes. I used to babysit for a boy that lived 2 houses down from him on Saturdays; he'd come over and we'd all ride the bean bag chair down the stairs (til we busted it open). Steve is like my brother and hated any boys who liked me; told my mom about the older ones (mom LOVES Steve, but could have cared less). He moved away in 10th grade and we always kept in but touch by phone, visits, letters...

We've both lived in San Francisco for over 15 years. He still doesn't usually like the guys that I see at first, but he doesn't tell my mom on me anymore and he ends up embracing them. His good friend from his late high school/drugs days (when we lived 500 miles apart) is the very coolest. He lives in SF too. The three of us have been hangin' together for over a decade and a half; eating, drinking, laughing, razzing, barbecuing, getting into trouble, and just fucking around. Love them both immeasurably. I talk/text with them a few times a week, but only get to see them once every couple of months due to work schedules and general laziness on all our parts. Always a great time when we do get together.

I consider myself blessed too, Maggot. I'm rather a loner most of the time as an adult; glad I met Steve when I was a kid - keeps me grounded and involved in the city and hanging out with people.

Great story Thanks for making me feel normal.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Messages In This Thread
How long have you known your freinds? - by Maggot - 04-17-2012, 07:30 PM
RE: How long have you known your freinds? - by Maggot - 04-17-2012, 08:09 PM