Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beauty and Fashion Tips for the Ladies of Mock
Okay ladies. I'm bored so I'm going to post a few tips. I'm a skincare junkie. Goop is my crack. I think I'm doing something right because I still get carded pretty often, so time to share.

First, if you're going to keep tanning, please disregard this post because tanning pretty much negates the benefits that you'll get.

I don't do any of what I'm going to list below all the time or my face would be a red hot mess. I mix it up so take your pick on what you want to try (if anything).

Exfoliation is key to taking care of your face but scrubs and such aren't really that effective. Years ago, I jumped on the retin-a bandwagon. It's the only product that not only exfoliates but also helps your skin produce collagen. Some otc products claim to have retinol but you're better off going to a dermatologist and buying true retin-a from them. Many will sell it to you without being a patient. Cost is somewhere between $75-95.00 but a tube will probably last you 4-6 months. If you're just starting out, you may get a little red and peely for a few days but that should subside. If it doesn't, don't use it as often. I used to use it nightly but now (when I'm in retin-a mode), I use it maybe 3 or 4 times a week.

If you can, periodically get a microdermabrasion treatment. Some people see these as invasive; I see them as a facial that actually does something. They use a vacuum like thing with little crystals and get all the dead skin cells and crap out of the surface of your skin. I'm usually a bit pink when I leave but back to normal (albeit a little dry) within a couple of hours.

This site: http://www.platinumskincare.com/ offers professional grade mini (and major) peel products. I have bought a couple of items from them (the low grade glycolic mini peel for one) and it's just as advertised (professional grade). If you buy anything from them, don't be an idiot and leave it on too long or go for the highest strength or anything. You will burn your skin and look like ick for several days. The only thing I don't do if I'm using their products is go through the hassle of "neutralizing". I just jump in the shower and use lots of cleanser to get all the peel off.

Finally, Peter Thomas Roth sells some alpha hydroxy pads that I've been using lately. I wipe my face with them (almost every day), leave it on for about 5 minutes, rinse and then put a moisturizing mask on for 5-6 minutes. My skin is loving me for it right now. It's the perfect balance of exfoliating and moisture for me.

Finally, if you want long lashes Latisse does work. When I first started using it, I used it nightly and my damn lashes got so long I had to trim them. hah Now I use it 2 or 3 times a week and I have long lashes without them being ridiculous. That's pricey too but a bottle lasts me months. Trim the little brushes if you decide to buy it--they work better shorter than they're made. Yes, it says it can change your eyecolor but that's only if you're stupid and get it in your eyes night after night. Some warnings are written for the tards.

I've been told I have good "genes" where my skin is concerned but that's crap. My mom has tons of brown spots, wrinkles etc. If my skin looks good, the credit goes to my routine.

The end. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beauty Tips for the Ladies of Mock - by sally - 04-24-2012, 10:29 AM
RE: Beauty Tips for the Ladies of Mock - by JsMom - 04-30-2012, 05:20 AM
RE: Beauty Tips for the Ladies of Mock - by sally - 05-03-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: Beauty Tips for the Ladies of Mock - by sally - 05-03-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: Beauty Tips for the Ladies of Mock - by username - 05-06-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: Beauty Tips for the Ladies of Mock - by JsMom - 05-17-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: Beauty Tips for the Ladies of Mock - by crash - 06-12-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: Beauty Tips for the Ladies of Mock - by sally - 06-29-2012, 10:28 PM
RE: Beauty Tips for the Ladies of Mock - by sally - 06-30-2012, 10:02 PM
RE: Beauty Tips for the Ladies of Mock - by JsMom - 06-30-2012, 11:08 PM