Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8 - Canada, Murdered. The trial of Michael Rafferty
You’re right, I don’t think it’s going to be an easy decision, I caught some of the defence’s closing today, and he is laying it out pretty good, I mean he should he is a well known lawyer who has won many cases, not a sleazy Baez type. As I was listening I could see how it might make the jury think, he is giving reasonable doubt, if it’s actually enough I do not know, not in my eyes. I will post updates from this morning when they are posted online.

Rafferty’s mother was in court this morning, lining up outside the courtroom
She said she had been there twice last week also, but was reluctant to talk any further at that point. Pictured below is Deborah Murphy arriving at the courthouse this morning.
When she walked out of the courthouse at lunch, she was mobbed by photographers and reporters, I felt somewhat bad for her, thrust into this mess by the action (or inactions) of her son. You could tell she couldn’t walk anywhere as she was surrounded. She did say "he's not guilty and it hurts like hell. It hurts."
Then her and a man who identified himself as Rafferty’s step-father went to sit on a ledge outside the courthouse. She did say to reporters she would comment more shortly. I walked pasted as she and the man were sitting there, her cane beside her and she looked like a broken women, I did ultimately feel for her at that point, regardless of whether she thinks her son is guilty or not, her life has been turned upside down, there was two or three younger people (to me kind of looked thuggish) that were saying bring back the death penalty and walked over to DM, a reporter talking to her at the time, asked them to leave and said don’t worry I won’t let them bother you.
[Image: phpdCDHvNLdn20120507MH_Murphy.jpg]

There was also this man walking around with a sign, on the back side it said something about Stephen Harper and the death penalty.

There has been a petition going around to bring back the death penalty in cases like this, Stephen Harper has basically said that under no circumstance will Canada re-open this issue.
[Image: LondonTori-20120507-00569.jpg]
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Victoria (Tori) Stafford, 8 - Canada, Murdered. The trial of Michael Rafferty - by Jezreel - 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM