Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ramps to build pyramids debunked
(06-13-2012, 04:49 AM)crash Wrote: But..the few bits I've skimmed over give me some glaring questions.

What do the 'powers that be' stand to gain from withholding any information they have paid an engineer to find?

I have no reason to believe they are witholding any information at all. They merely refuse to gather it. For instance my theory predicts there are caves at Giza and the ancient name for the place means "Mouth of Caves". Hawass claimed he knew everything there was to know about the Giza Plateau and there were no caves. After he was led into a cave on international television (Chasing Mummies), he had the cave sealed off and it's never been excavated, studied, or even mapped. They hacven't even done infrared imaging of the Great Pyramid after all these years. Nothing is being done so nothing is being withheld.

Quote:If it was obvious glaringly obvious to you within seconds that they didn't build ramps, what is the basis of proof for this? Because to me, all you have thorn up is a whole bunch of your own assumptions. And to me, an assumption is only an assumption until you can provide some conclusive proof of your assumption.

Of course you're right but the fact still is that the builders left a work that literally sayus the Gods built the pyramids and one of those Gods was a cool effervescent column of water that tossed violently on the Giza Plateau. The fact still exists that the physical evidence supports the contentions of the builders.

Quote:You say ramps are innefficient due to the high friction and high cost. Friction is negated in this argument because it can be overcome i.e. wooden rollers, lubrication of the surfaces in contact. I'm pretty sure the high cost is also inconsequential when you're building a pyramid..

There's far more loss than merely friction. There are the 50,000,000 man trips to 120' altitude that's just wasted as they descend. There's the cost and effort of building ramps. There's the huge cost and greatly increased number of man trips to place rollers in front of the stone.

Ramps are nothing but a silly romantic notion that are contradicted by the evidence. They are silly not because they are so hugely inefficient (which they are) but because it would be far easier to just have a team on top pulling them up and this is where the evidence all points. That they were pulled up (but by counterweights).

Quote:Many of these points are nothing but the words of the builders which for some reason I don't understand, no one else can understand. But these words are internally consistent and relatively comprehensive as they apply to ritual associated with the ascension ceremony. It is largely these words that have pointed me to much of the physical evidence, but it's also the physical evidence leading to an understanding of the words.

^ You need to explain this a little clearer. It conveys nothing to anyone, but you, other than you don't understand what the words say, but you are guessing their meaning and basing an assumption on them.

What I mean is that I'm probably the only one who understands the PT. This work is deconstructed and interpreted by Egyptologists to death. I believe it means exactly what it says and that can be deduced by discovering the referents for words in context. For instance they use the word "henu-boat" many times and each time it gains meaning from context. Once it has sufficient meaning from context that is the definition. Henu boat is not a river going vessel nor does it sail the skys like Egypotology believes. It is the counterweight overseen by the Goddess Isis. "Osiris in his name of Seker tows the earth by means of balance in the henu boat.". It's just this simple. Osiris is the geyser but becomes Seker as the ballast and the wdn.t offering for the farmers when he descends. It's all right there in plain English but for some reason I can't begin to understand no one else understands. I can't say it any more clearly; The PT means exactly what it says.

It's like being in the Twilight Zone. ...Or remember "Shatterday"?

Quote:...and, dude? What do you have against ramps?

I've heard countless Egyptologists start an argument with the statement they mustta used ramps and follow this with pages of argument that concludes with they used ramps. In between are various ways to say they mustta used ramps because they were simpletons and stupid. I'm pretty tired of having to shoot down the same baseless assumptions over and over again.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Ramps to build pyramids debunked - by cladking - 06-10-2012, 05:13 PM
RE: Ramps to build pyramids debunked - by IMaDick - 06-10-2012, 06:24 PM
RE: Ramps to build pyramids debunked - by Maggot - 06-10-2012, 10:28 PM
RE: Ramps to build pyramids debunked - by crash - 06-10-2012, 10:33 PM
RE: Ramps to build pyramids debunked - by Maggot - 06-10-2012, 10:34 PM
RE: Ramps to build pyramids debunked - by crash - 06-13-2012, 04:49 AM
RE: Ramps to build pyramids debunked - by cladking - 06-13-2012, 10:18 PM
RE: Ramps to build pyramids debunked - by crash - 06-13-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: Ramps to build pyramids debunked - by crash - 06-11-2012, 01:04 AM
RE: Ramps to build pyramids debunked - by Jimbone - 06-12-2012, 08:43 PM