Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
U.S. ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens killed in attack . GRAPHIC
I think some of these uprising against westerners is nothing more than economic jealousy. I have seen this when working overseas. The reason we are so prosperous and successful as nations is because we have a strong work ethic. If you want to succeed in the west, you have to work hard and work well.

Many times I have heard and seen where they employ westerners overseas, westerners build up the companies or hospitals or whatever it is, then the locals takes over management etc, then it gradually declines and goes downhill. They just don't have the same standards as we do.

A good example of what I mean is that fire in Qatar, part of the problem was shoddy workmanship. We have all sorts of building laws and regulations that restrict the likelihood of that happening here.

Whilst some hate westerners, many would give their eye teeth to immigrate here in a second!!!! That's for sure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: U.S. ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens killed in attack . GRAPHIC - by aussiefriend - 09-23-2012, 05:19 PM