Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey O.P.
F.U. Dont ask again Wrote:Reading your post about you hunting in the violence thread raised a few questions.

With the restrictions on guns in your country, where and how docitizens store the guns that they arepermitted to own?

What kind of gun was it you personally used hunting?

What is the most common gun owned by the average citizen?
I have only ever owned shotguns, I have never owned pistols or rifles or anything else more powerful.

A shotgun certificate will cost you £50, it can only be denied if your local chief of police in the area believes and can prove that the applicant poses a real danger to the public, or if the applicant has been convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term of three years or more (unless they have been acquitted) or if the applicant cannot securely store a shotgun (gun clamps, wire locks and locking gun cabinets are considered secure). The round number restrictions apply only to the magazine, not the chamber, so it is legal to have a single-barreled semi-auto or pump-action shotgun that holds three rounds in total, or a shotgun with 5 separate chambers that holds 5 rounds. However, revolver guns do not fall into this category so multi-chamber shotguns would need to also be multi-barrel. For a shotgun to be held on an SGC,it must be a smooth-bore gun (that is not an air-gun) which: (a) has a barrel not less than 24inches (610mm) in length and does not have any barrel with a bore more than 2inches (51mm) in diameter;
(b) either has no magazine or has a non-detachable magazine not capable of holding more than two cartridges;
© is not a revolver gun.

My favourite shotgun was a Valmet , over and under, 12 gauge, I used that quite lot, I can't remember the exact model though. I only ever used birdshot and occasionally buckshot, the shot size is just the diameter of the pellet given in millimetres in the UK.

In the UK shotguns are by far the most common kind of gun owned, generally double barrelled or over and under versions.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by F.U. - 12-18-2008, 10:26 AM
[No subject] - by Sinister - 12-18-2008, 10:44 AM
[No subject] - by Cynical Ninja - 12-18-2008, 10:49 AM
[No subject] - by F.U. - 12-18-2008, 11:16 AM
[No subject] - by Sinister - 12-18-2008, 11:18 AM
[No subject] - by F.U. - 12-18-2008, 11:27 AM
[No subject] - by AnonyMoose - 12-18-2008, 01:00 PM
[No subject] - by Cynical Ninja - 12-18-2008, 01:16 PM
[No subject] - by F.U. - 12-18-2008, 03:23 PM
[No subject] - by F.U. - 12-18-2008, 03:24 PM
[No subject] - by Sinister - 12-18-2008, 03:25 PM