Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School
I had to take my kindergartner to school this afternoon as my wife is visiting her ill father an hour away.

Obviously, I was curious as to how the security measures would be in light of what happened last week.

As I approached the main entrance with my 5 year-old, wearing his backpack and bundled in his winter clothes, I thought how sweet and innocent an elementary school is.

This is the first step out of the nest for little people. A place where they garner a little independence, make friends, learn, and develop into the individual they'll become.

I got to the main entrance, and to my surprise, my son's teacher was with his class in the foyer area. They were all sitting down (15 or so of them), listening intently to a story she was reading.

She had a big smile on her face as she waved at me and greeted my son.

As I left them there all I could think of is, 'What would possess someone to carry out an act of such evil proportions as occurred last week?' 'What was so terribly wrong in their lives, that even thinking of doing that crossed their mind?'

Unfathomable...

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School - by Midwest Spy - 12-19-2012, 03:28 PM