Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(02-20-2013, 06:46 PM)heartbreaker6713 Wrote: She also said at the very end before her attorney said i have no more questions she said "i confessed" if you are claiming self defense, what are you confessing to? and so her attorney asked her as a follow up well what do you mean you confessed and she said well that all the stories were b.s. That's not how i would want to leave the jury before cross examination. Tomorrow will be a great day for cross examination but i am curious what they are handling in chambers.

I was really shocked that the direct examination ended today; it dragged on for so long that I kinda started thinking it was gonna just keep going and going... So little of her testimony was actually about the murder, what with Jodi not remembering and all.

I missed the very last part of her testimony, but just caught a recap. Not a good way to end, I agree. I understand what the defense was thinking; create sympathy by addressing how she planned on killing herself and take the wind outta Martinez's sails by addressing/justifying why she lied then and is telling the truth now. But, I think you're right - it really backfired and "I confessed" was a bad choice of words with which to end her direct testimony. She's still here and clearly trying to avoid death, and the jury is left with confirmation that Jodi's a prolific liar who knew what she did was wrong.

Ready for cross - finally...

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 02-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM