Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(04-07-2013, 07:09 AM)thekid65 Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 07:28 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Good question. I did a little searching; didn't find a peep about a poly in this case.

Wouldnt matter would it? Inadmissible in court, right?

They are admissable in court in Arizona, California and several other states, with stipulations (both sides agree to allow the results into evidence).

The biggest challenge for Arias is that she's a proven liar many times over; to LE and to a national audience in tv interviews. Those taped lies have been played several times for the jury.

There's no reasonable answer to the question, "why should anyone believe what she's saying now?" and I don't think the experts have helped in that regard. JMO. So, favorable poly results in Arias's case, even though the accuracy of LDTs would be argued by expert witnesses from both sides, could really work in Arias's favor with some jurors, imo.

Anyway, I didn't see any motions filed by the defense to allow polygraph results into evidence. Doesn't mean she didn't take any, and if she did, we don't know the results. Just speculating here. But, I don't think I've ever followed a case where a suspect showed "not deceptive" in relation to the crime itself and the poly results didn't get leaked to the public by the defense right quick.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 04-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM