Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
If LaViolette were smart, she'd just answer Martinez's questions with "yes" or "no" and let Willmott clear up weaknesses on re-direct.

She looks like a dolt comparing herself to investigators and FBI profilers. She keeps defensively throwing out analogies in attempt to bolster the value of her work; analogies that she's not qualified to defend when Martinez calls her on it.

"There is no industry standard for rendering psychotherapist evaluations. There is no objective testing to verify the accuracy of a psychotherapist's assessment. I am not qualified as a clinical psychologist and I therefore employ no standards in my work and instead use my years of professional experience to develop opinions based upon evaluation of verbal and written communications." That's essentially what I think a credible psychotherapist would say/admit.

LaViolette's credibility is being undermined as much by her own deflection as by Martinez's characterization of her. IMO.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 04-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM