Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(04-23-2013, 12:12 PM)heartbreaker6713 Wrote: I'd be surprised that the defense would be allowed a new witness at this point. If i am aware of the process the prosecutions expert witness wasn't a surprise witness, they were well aware of her opinion and what her diagnosis was going to be. If the defense failed to read the reports or what her diagnosis was going to be then that is on them. She has made it perfectly clear that she met Arias a while ago and didn't go back the multiple times that the experts did for the defense so the reports that were compiled were complete and didn't have supplemental parts to them.

It's my understanding that surrebuttal is a component of the process, but I don't think surrebuttal witnesses are used commonly. They're controversial because some see them as giving the defense an unfair second chance to try to change up/fix their failures in the trial as the case draws closer to jury deliberation. I would think a judge would be more inclined to grant a surrebuttal witness request in a death penalty case because the stakes are so high. This is all just to the best of my understanding, which is limited.

(04-23-2013, 12:12 PM)heartbreaker6713 Wrote: I think the judge has done a fair job in hearing everything out and making a record of it as stated by others to preserve the record for appeals sake but i don't think there will be much for appeals.

does anyone see reason for appeal?

There is an automatic appeals process for death penalty convictions; there are almost always a lot of issues in the appeal docs (that doesn't many any of them are valid).

I agree that the judge has been doing a good job of addressing defense motions/issues in a manner that will minimize those issues being successfully argued in favor of appeal; the appellate judge will see that the issues were appropriately handled and resolved by the trial judge and don't merit overturning the verdict or granting a new trial.

(04-23-2013, 12:12 PM)heartbreaker6713 Wrote: What would you do if one day you were walking down the street and you saw Casey Anthony browsing a street rack of clothes?
Nothing. But, the look on my face would probably reflect total disgust.

TODAY'S REBUTTAL WITNESSES:

Love that Martinez called Travis's friend Jacob Mefford and showed, via Jacob's videos/photos and witness account, how very public Jodi and Travis were in terms of public affection at PPL events; no secret. (My mom and sister are here for a visit; we unanimously voted him our favorite witness so far. Direct, quick, and kinda cute).

So far, the Salinas Walmart clerk is doing a good job demonstrating that it's highly unlikely Arias could have returned the third gas can without it being reflected in the Walmart records.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 04-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM