Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged
(05-01-2013, 12:39 PM)Maggot Wrote: I'm thinking a family member or someone close.

(05-01-2013, 12:48 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Maybe it was the 12 year old... I've noticed they've not excluded or commented about him at all that I've read.

While LE has said that the 12 yr old brother is not a suspect, they haven't said that they've ruled him or any else out. Police usually work from the victim's inner circle (including family) outward in identifying suspects.

In terms of witnesses, it's now down to the word of the 12 year old that someone broke into the house and what that alleged someone looks like.

Why did the neighbor lie? Who else is lying?

The 12-year-old boy vaguely described the intruder as white or Hispanic and that he may have long, gray hair and a large frame. A second witness came forward and was able collaborate the brother's description on two different occasions.

However, in follow-up interviews, the witness said she saw the man running in the opposite direction from what the brother told investigators.

The sheriff's department said during the composite sketch meeting, the second witness retracted her statements and refuse to provide a description of the suspect to the sketch artist.

"The witness's description of the intruder was an important lead for investigators, but as of now it has become clear that this witness is no longer credible," the sheriff's department said in a statement. "Though this may seem like a setback in the investigation, it is actually a positive result in that it allows the investigators to narrow the scope of their investigation."

http://www.news10.net/news/article/24371...urder-case

Sure hope that the writer meant "corroborate" instead of "collaborate".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by HairOfTheDog - 05-03-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by californiakid - 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM