Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Florist sued for not providing flowers for gay wedding...
(05-12-2013, 03:01 PM)username Wrote: “This is about gay marriage, it’s not about a person being gay,” Bristol said. “She has a conscientious objection to homosexual marriage, not homosexuality. It violates her conscience.”[/color]

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2...itxml.html

Thoughts? On the one hand, I have know problem with her refusing service (I think of those signs at restaurants that often say "we reserve the right to refuse service to any one, any time". However, one talking head compared it to buying a 6 pack of beer. Suppose a clerk decided his religious beliefs precluded him selling you the beer because you're gay or Muslim or something. As the talking head said, "just sell me the damn beer". Smiley_emoticons_slash

What do you think?

Well, she's got a conscious. That's something, I guess. My opinion of her conscious is not high, but she's entitled to her beliefs like I'm entitled to mine.

She has a right to forfeit income, lose good customers, and compromise her ability to be a savvy non-discriminatory vendor if she wishes, imo.

If we were talking about employment practices, or selling goods/services that couldn't readily be acquired elsewhere or were life-sustaining (like beer), I'd probably be more offended.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florist sued for not providing flowers for gay wedding... - by HairOfTheDog - 05-12-2013, 03:44 PM