Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
There's a bill on the House floor...
(06-20-2013, 11:35 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-20-2013, 11:29 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: P.s. Yeah, you'd think that everybody would know what's safe and what's not in their home. But, we see news stories almost daily that make it pretty damn clear that's not the case.

It all leads back to the people, not the gun.

I can't explain why I'm so goddamn argumentative about this. I'm not normally like a dog with a bone when it comes to issues, I understand that people have differing opinions and I usually leave it at that. It's probably just one more way that I suck.

My view has always been that it's about the people too - probably stated that more than 100 times in the Gun thread. That's why I don't support gun bans against all citizens, but support universal background checks to help keep them out of the hands of the wrong people.

In this case, if doctors can keep some kids or mentally-ill from dying because their guardians don't have enough common sense to realize how to safely store medications, cleaners, guns and such in the home, that's a good thing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's a bill on the House floor... - by HairOfTheDog - 06-20-2013, 11:42 AM