Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
US agency (NSA) “collecting phone records“
(06-21-2013, 12:39 AM)username Wrote:
(06-21-2013, 12:10 AM)Donovan Wrote: blah, blah, blah...

You still haven't told me what steps you would take, given the technology available to you, to make sure that ricin isn't introduced in to my water supply or that someone doesn't ride a plane in to the Golden Gate bridge. Would you sit back and play with your hair or utilize modern technology to find the bad guys at the risk of offending someone? huh?

Given that you currently admin on a site where you have actively participated in a debate where a highly critical person (me) has just essentially accused his own government of certain crimes, under the provisos of the warrantless spying you support we both could be considered treasonous spies. Sedition is a rather vague and easily misused charge. We are the bad guys. Will you sit playing with your hair if they come for you? You DO know that the first step in any society's attempt to assert control is the elimination of all dissenting voice right? You know, monitoring and removing those who speak out against policy through pamphlets, newscasts, and rhetoric?

No one is going to ride a plane into the golden gate bridge, it would be extremely ineffective as anything but a cool special effect in movies, and your concept of how ricin works is woefully inadequate, probably gleaned from fearmongers like Rush and Beck. If we are to be brought down as a nation, it will not be by chanting zealots but by our own inability to recognize the dangers from our own lawmakers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US agency “collecting phone records“ - by Donovan - 06-22-2013, 02:34 PM