Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GRAPHIC PHOTO: AIRPORT KILLING - LAX
(11-23-2013, 12:23 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: INVESTIGATION / UPDATE

Killer and Motive
The suspected killer, Ciancia, was released from the hospital earlier this week and transferred to a federal facility. Authorities are not disclosing which one. Authorities contend he assailed the airport with a semi-automatic (HOTD: some reports calling it an "assault rifle", but it was a semi) because he had a vendetta against the federal government.

Couldn't find any date as to when Ciancia will appear in court. POS.

Emergency Response
The details surrounding the death of the TSA agent, Hernandez, are the subject of confusion.

Apparently, paramedics were denied entry into the airport to assist the wounded when they first arrived. I can understand that, airport police had to make sure there was only one gunman and that he was detained before letting people inside, or at least that the site of the wounded was cleared. Makes sense.

What happened next is where it gets cloudy. It's reported that Hernandez laid on the ground bleeding for 33 minutes before he was tended to, though the suspect had been shot and apprehended within 5 minutes. The TSA Union is, of course, up in arms about that and demanding answers.

There's an allegation that an LAPD Officer improperly told paramedics that Hernandez was dead when he checked on Hernandez (who we now know was shot 12 times) five minutes after the shooting. That allegation is being investigated.

Dead or Alive?
Earlier "preliminary" coroner reports released to the press indicated that Hernandez died between 2 and 5 minutes after being hit. Turns out, Hernandez was in full cardiac arrest when he arrived at UCLA Med Center and doctors tried to revive him with surgery, shock treatment, and internal heart massage for 45 minutes before officially pronouncing him dead.

The official time of death listed in the autopsy report (released yesterday) is therefore 2 hours after the shooting took place.

The assistant coroner explained the vast difference between the preliminary coroner report (dead within 5 minutes of shooting) and the official autopsy report by saying that Hernandez was already "gone" when he arrived at the hospital, but medical staff did everything possible to try to revive him before declaring him dead. One of the surgeons confirmed that there were no signs of life when Hernandez arrived, though they did everything humanly possible to revive him. (HOTD: I don't understand how there could be no signs of life if he was in cardiac arrest - maybe someone with medical expertise can weigh in.)

Refs:
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/...82961.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-body.html

Cardiac Arrest means his heart had stopped, not beating, therefore "Arrested" therefore no signs of life.
Had it not been a shooting involving an airport, Govt and news media the hosp probably would not have wasted 45 minutes (starting over an hour after he was shot) and many thousands $$ trying to revive the guy, he was shot 12 times? I didn't go back and look but I think it was an AK47 knock off, 7.69MM x 39MM, hell of a round. He was probably dead under 2 minutes.

Hospitals do stupid shit now and then. I saw them try and revive a guy I helped pull out of a wreck once, neck broken, severe head trauma. I was first in the vehicle since I was right there when it happened. He had a pulse then, but was on the way out. Medics got there 15 minutes later, by then his heart had been stopped for 5 or 6 minutes. We got him out and one of those " I am in charge and I know everything" kind of ambulance guys decided that he had detected a pulse, So they ramp up the life saving work in the truck and have 1 of them doing recussitation on the guy on the way to the ER, I follow and the ER works on the guy another half hour before giving up. The docs asked what I had done and I told them what I knew, they were pissed at the ambulance guy for being a drama queen and an idiot. They agreed that the guy was well dead when he got to them. So it was a waste of time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: GRAPHIC PHOTO: AIRPORT KILLING - LAX - by SIXFOOTERsez - 11-24-2013, 09:41 AM