Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread....
(12-03-2013, 05:29 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I don't think she is doing anyone a disservice. We all have strong points and she is showing hers. She is not degrading herself. Other women don't need to compare themselves to her, she is who she is, and we are who we are. I am happy for her, if she is happy.

Wow! I'm surprised. You're usually the one out there telling everyone how they should be have because they are role models?

I think she meant it to be inflammatory. Posting a comment like "What's your excuse" is a bit of a giveaway... I'm a bit 5050 on it. Sure, more power to her, and you're right; others don't need to compare.

The other side is that is far from realistic for the vast majority of new mothers and not everyone shares a high level of emotional security four days after giving birth. Inevitably there will be emotionally fragile and hormonally imbalanced women who will compare.

I can't believe the resident mental health expert didn't make some tie between this and post natal depression. As in the promotion of this image and a comment that almost says "why don't you look like this, what the fuck is wrong with you?" is probably not a good thing..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2013 Trivial, Boring Drivel Thread.... - by crash - 12-03-2013, 06:20 PM