Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cladking...Happy Birthday :kisses:
(02-05-2014, 11:50 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I guess that proves the point upon which it seems you and Crowley agree - how humans see and interpret things is very much dependent on who they are as individuals. No matter how definitive a contextual foundation is attempted to be laid, perspectives are gonna vary.

Humans are infinitely adaptable. Any perspective can seem normal and any mode of thinking and speech can exist. Just as each Roman shared many characteristics we do as well and all humans are a product of their place and time. Reality is a sort of shared delusion.

Quote:I'd never thought about it before, but it is interesting to ponder a world with hallucinogenic drugs that have been voided of the their addictive properties. Would it encourage more creative thinking and problem solving? Promote greater tolerance? Rid society of the perceived need for so many pain killers and medications? Enable a society of whacked out lazy dreamers who did little to nothing else, even with the "addictive" physical properties removed? IDK. But, I'd probably try them all, once.

Anything that encourages drug use is bad but laws against drugs are even worse. I believe that if drugs were legal that the very low prices would result in a huge increase of death from overdose and people would see this and the most dangerous drugs would go out of style. People wouldn't use coke the first time if they knew they had enough money to be dead of an overdose in a few weeks. Some of these drugs would go so far out of style that they would require a lot of effort to obtain.

In many real ways it is the laws against drugs which allow them to be so popular. It's the illegality that causes some people to try them. They don't realize that a single time using coke is addictive.

Most of the hallucinogens are not abused. Users like them recreationally and know they are unable to drive or function normally. Most of them aren't very addictive either. The laws against pot are just nuts since it is far less destructive than alcohol. It is true that pot limits ambition a lot but modern society discourages ambition anyway so why not allow individual control?

Drugs aren't good but like medication they can address specific problems. I think one of the big things the do-gooders have against drugs is they think of it as self medication. Of course the biggest is they think everyone should suffer equally to the way they suffer in quiet desperation.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cladking...Happy Birthday :kisses: - by cladking - 02-05-2014, 03:50 PM