Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cladking...Happy Birthday :kisses:
(02-05-2014, 03:50 PM)cladking Wrote: Most of the hallucinogens are not abused. Users like them recreationally and know they are unable to drive or function normally. Most of them aren't very addictive either. The laws against pot are just nuts since it is far less destructive than alcohol. It is true that pot limits ambition a lot but modern society discourages ambition anyway so why not allow individual control?

Drugs aren't good but like medication they can address specific problems. I think one of the big things the do-gooders have against drugs is they think of it as self medication. Of course the biggest is they think everyone should suffer equally to the way they suffer in quiet desperation.

I don't know whether most hallucinogens are not abused and whether their users are wiser than other drug users about normal functionality when under the influence. You might be right, I just personally don't know.

I do know people who've tried to drive on "natural hallucinogens", like mushrooms. Not wise. And, of course, there were all of those crazed "chemical hallucinogen" abusers, LSD and PCP fiends, who couldn't stop tripping and doing things they shouldn't - prompting the drugs' bans and halting research into potential medicinal benefits in the US. Eccentric bastards.

I think drugs can be good, at least the organic ones, without having to address a specific problem. It's not bad, to me, to do something for the sole purpose of achieving an altered state of thinking, feeling, or consciousness - as long as it's done responsibly and safely. Though the "physically" addictive properties are minimal or absent from hallucinogens, their proclivity to induce mental or behavioral addictions is something that's still debatable, AFAIK.

In any case, I have to be ready to drive without much notice, and think on my feet, and respond to emergencies... So, bad or good, organic or chemical, addictive or not - I wouldn't have an opportunity to partake and explore much at present, even if they were legal.

BUT, one day I shall have some giant blocks of free time, maybe retire, then...Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cladking...Happy Birthday :kisses: - by HairOfTheDog - 02-05-2014, 04:23 PM