Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School
Hindsight is of course 20/20, but the more I think about this story the more I feel for the mom.

She was a very naive individual, and I'm hoping that she never saw/heard outward signs from her son that he was capable of becoming a monster.

The guns she had in the home were her way of genuinely trying to bond with L. She was trying to connect in some way, because those last couple of years were hell I'm sure. Zero communication, most likely not allowed in his room, probably no family dinners, etc. Am I guessing? Yes. But I feel pretty confident that this is where this relationship had gone.

A father (or father figure) in the picture could have made a great deal of difference in this case.

I find it very telling that when the initial ID of the shooter was reported, Adams brother's ID was found on Adams body. Why? A way to possibly get back at his older brother (for abandoning him). He knew it would cause him some humiliation and shame (for awhile at least).

Do I blame his dad for this? No, because no one can be sure this wouldn't have happened if he had been a more involved dad. But my belief is that the chance of this happening would have been far, far less if he had.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Shooting at Conn. Elementary School - by Midwest Spy - 03-12-2014, 04:58 PM